The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Sep 19, 2013 at 12:53 AM Post #1,561 of 1,799
It's no prob! Last December, I only had an AD700 and no knowledge of the audiophile world. Decide to upgrade, discover head-fi, spend ~$1k on equipment so far since January and I'm sitting here with an AD2000, FiiO E12, and the never ending itch for hopefully better and synergistic equipment...

Back on topic, I use an iPod classic and iPhone 4. I find that with the BH, I have no need for source EQ unless I'm at my computer where I can do more fine tuning with the Electri-Q equalizer in FooBar. Any EQ changes you make upstream will go through downstream, though.

For example, let's say your audio chain is

iPod -> C&C BH2 -> WSxxx

If you boost the treble on your iPod, the treble will still be boosted through the BH2. Even moreso with the SF switch on since it'll "stack". I'm 99% sure this applies whether you're using the headphone audio out (3.5mm output) on your portable device or if you use a Line Out Direct (LOD; in your case 30pin to 3.5mm) to input sound from your player to the BH2.

Sep 25, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #1,563 of 1,799
Hey guys :p havn't visited here for a while! has anyone found a good case for ws99's? something that can keep them safe in a backpack? any suggestions would be appreciated. 
dt880smile.png

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #1,564 of 1,799
  Hey guys :p havn't visited here for a while! has anyone found a good case for ws99's? something that can keep them safe in a backpack? any suggestions would be appreciated. 
dt880smile.png

I have actually been thinking of a to make a case. What I was thinking was finding a metal box a little bigger the the headphone, taking some high density foam and cutting out where they would lay. I have no idea how well this will work outside of my head though. But when ever I find the time, I will try

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:03 AM Post #1,567 of 1,799
I'm looking at my pair right now and there is a phillips screw where the headband connects to the cup arm. The cups don't rotate enough that getting a regular screwdriver in there wouldn't somehow damage the cup, though. Not sure how you would unscrew that.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #1,568 of 1,799
dt880smile.png

If you can find a good deal on some Koss Tony Bennett's, the case works great for the WS99's...

Oct 10, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #1,569 of 1,799
I have a pair of ws99s, and I love them to death, but they don't block out very much noise. Can anyone recommend a pair of headphones with good noise isolation that would be a good upgrade to the ws99s? I've been looking at the denon d600 and they look like they fit the bill, but I have no idea how they compare to the ws99.

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #1,570 of 1,799
I have a pair of ws99s, and I love them to death, but they don't block out very much noise. Can anyone recommend a pair of headphones with good noise isolation that would be a good upgrade to the ws99s? I've been looking at the denon d600 and they look like they fit the bill, but I have no idea how they compare to the ws99.

To heavy and isolation is about the same. And sound is hard to describe. Not everyone will like but some do. You'd be better off with the UE6000 if you want something that isolates well and can be had for fairly cheap.

HP100's also come to mind. Both can be had for $150 and under

Thanks,

:evil:

Oct 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM Post #1,571 of 1,799
Not too crazy about having to change out batteries just to use my headphones. I wouldn't mind going into the 4-500 dollar range to find a pair that sounds just as good or better than the ws99 and has good isolation.

Oct 10, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #1,572 of 1,799

Like DemonFox said, some will like that the D600 some wont butI happen to love them. Definitely an upgrade IMHO. And yes I have had the 99's.

Oct 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #1,575 of 1,799

I have actually been thinking of a to make a case. What I was thinking was finding a metal box a little bigger the the headphone, taking some high density foam and cutting out where they would lay. I have no idea how well this will work outside of my head though. But when ever I find the time, I will try

I thought of that too. Went to buy some plank of wood at home depot told 'em if they could cut to my dimensions. They didn't help..so i just went home. lol. Keep us updated how yours go. would love to see the pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Back