The world's best power cable ?
Jul 26, 2010 at 11:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

downsize

Member of the Trade
It very well may be ... at least to my ears !

9ga Teflon coated pure 6N silver, with teflon outer jacket and pure silver braid shielding. How does it sound ?  Crazily revealing and dynamic !!!   Just hasn't stopped wowing me all day !

Enjoy !

Jul 27, 2010 at 4:47 AM Post #5 of 28
Never heard a custom made power cable myself. I could always get qusp to make me one, but I would rather wait until I hear one first. Heck, connectors here are like $90 for one! Best option would be to get a power cable made for me, buy Audio-GD's power filter and buy US power cables from ebay and audiogon. Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy it 
biggrin.gif
 Not particularly a believer in cables atm, but we will see in a month or so when I get custom made Valkyrja RCA interconnects made 
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I love cables. I have to get into DIY someday. I don't care if they sound the same. Some of the custom made cables out there look AMAZING and I would pay quite a bit of money just for that 
biggrin.gif

BTW the world's best cable is probably owned by Patick82. It cost over $50,000. IIRC, his rabbits chewed through it though.

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #13 of 28
Uhh ... Guys, The title was NOT serious. It's just a light hearted attempt to get people to look at the new and interesting power cable that is really unique and different ... That's all. Everyone play nice now ! 
wink_face.gif

Jul 27, 2010 at 11:56 AM Post #14 of 28

Quote:
Have you tried casing it in a garden hose?

Hi Unc ... I'm not really finished with testing different construction techniques yet. The braid was my first try, and I am going to unbraid it today, and twist it next.  I really don't want a thick insulation on it though. The entire design concept for this cable is dynamics and transparency through minimum dielectric ... Thus all thinner than normal Teflon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back