The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 14, 2013 at 11:30 PM Post #7,561 of 7,980
Quote:
Taxing is a fairly complicated issue drastically different from country to country, and more interestingly from shipment to shipment pending on the declarations submitted. Generally if proven, the repair should not be recharged, but again too many tax officers try to view this on their own.

I know what you mean - the disconnect I wonder about is - my CIEMs should be taxed at the figure I am paying for the reshelling - but if Heir is going to insure them for replacement value (as I am pretty sure they do) - how does the taxing authority view the taxable amount? The repair charge? Or the actual value? I am pretty confident the US won't charge for an item twice, but who is to say what another, more draconian tax authority might charge.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #7,562 of 7,980
Quote:
Has anyone been in contact with The Wizard?
I tried emailing him a few times over the last few days about getting some 8.A's so far no answer, strangely his Skype & email contact details are not on the Heir website anymore, anyone know why?

That's weird. Normally, he's always logged on Skype, even when he isn't sitting in front of his computer, but I've had problems reaching him too. I sent him an email about it. No answer yet. 

[Edit:] I checked and you're right: John's name has disappeared from both the About Us section and the Contact section of Heir Audio's website. Other names are still there.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #7,564 of 7,980
Quote:
Hope the website have a IEM designer similar to the likes of JH website.. at least it gives us a rough idea of how it may turn out, instead of guessing around.

Yes your suggestions are very important. The feedbacks and recommendations are being gathered to help redesign the web! So please send your comments and really appreciate that!

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:45 AM Post #7,565 of 7,980
Quote:

That's weird. Normally, he's always logged on Skype, even when he isn't sitting in front of his computer, but I've had problems reaching him too. I sent him an email about it. No answer yet. 

[Edit:] I checked and you're right: John's name has disappeared from both the About Us section and the Contact section of Heir Audio's website. Other names are still there.

You are right. As said, the web is being redesigned and more importantly, Heir Audio is moving towards to a solid company with the core knowledge, skills and services supported by a team of dedicated members.

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #7,566 of 7,980
Quote:
I know what you mean - the disconnect I wonder about is - my CIEMs should be taxed at the figure I am paying for the reshelling - but if Heir is going to insure them for replacement value (as I am pretty sure they do) - how does the taxing authority view the taxable amount? The repair charge? Or the actual value? I am pretty confident the US won't charge for an item twice, but who is to say what another, more draconian tax authority might charge.

Your comments truly reflect the reality of duty and taxes around the world. According to the book, no items should be charged twice on this. As for the insurance value usually will not affect the rates of the duty.

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:22 AM Post #7,567 of 7,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftyClown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

although is it cool to say they are being repaired? even though they are actually being modified?

I guess I'm just curious about how other UK users get around this issue.

think most would get in touch with Frank at Heir-UK... but I don't expect intelligence from a yiddo, one step beyond & all that...
wink_face.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:27 AM Post #7,568 of 7,980
Quote:

think most would get in touch with Frank at Heir-UK... but I don't expect intelligence from a yiddo, one step beyond & all that...
wink_face.gif

ha ha, all right smart ass, it was late and I was thinking out loud 
biggrin.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 5:45 AM Post #7,570 of 7,980
Quote:
You are right. As said, the web is being redesigned and more importantly, Heir Audio is moving towards to a solid company with the core knowledge, skills and services supported by a team of dedicated members.

But that doesn't explain why his name disappeared and not others. Nor why he doesn't answer emails anymore. Or post on Head-Fi anymore.

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #7,574 of 7,980
yep, wait till the season starts again and we'll see who's laughing and who's crying  
tongue.gif

Jun 15, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #7,575 of 7,980
Quote:

you might also want to check ebay for a certain item you are selling & review things... two intelligence updates in one day you lucky lucky gay-bale'ite... don't forget to reboot so they install properly...
popcorn.gif

Do you reckon it's too high then? I don't see any for sale in the UK on there. There are a few from China, Hong Kong and Korea and one from the States, but you'd have to pay shipping and horrendous taxes when it comes through customs, unless they were willing to fiddle the customs forms at their own risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back