The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 14, 2013 at 1:10 PM Post #7,546 of 7,980
Quote:
Slightly odd question, but do people take the heir iems outside for daily use?

Cheers

I definitely plan on it - but for the most part I listen to IEMs through my iMac when I am writing.

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #7,547 of 7,980
Has anyone been in contact with The Wizard?
I tried emailing him a few times over the last few days about getting some 8.A's so far no answer, strangely his Skype & email contact details are not on the Heir website anymore, anyone know why?

Jun 14, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #7,548 of 7,980
Quote:
I tried emailing him a few times over the last few days about getting some 8.A's so far no answer, strangely his Skype & email contact details are not on the Heir website anymore, anyone know why?

I tried PMing him over a week ago about getting some 8.As reshelled. Do you think he just doesn't like Spurs fans having 8.As Fortis?  
biggrin.gif

Jun 14, 2013 at 3:21 PM Post #7,551 of 7,980
Quote:

how strange he's normally around... pm Bangkok-Kid mate

Might do the same. I have a pair of 8.As sitting here that I don't want to send in to Heir yet until I can find out whether the Wizard is happy to wave his customization wand at them.

Has anyone here tried pairing the 8.As with a stock AK100? I'm trying to find out how much the high output impedance messes with their sound signature

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #7,552 of 7,980
Ok, I have another little puzzler for any brainiacs in the UK who might know the best way send my 8.As to china, get them re-shelled and then imported back to the UK, without having to pay VAT on the value of the entire CIEM.

There must be a way. I presume there are HMRC forms you need to fill out, but damned if I can find anything relevant on the HMRC website. Loads of stuff about getting stuff repaired in EU countries and then returned but nothing about non EU.

Argghhh. Taxes make my head hurt!

EDIT:

Ok, I presume I need to do something like this: https://www.reading.ac.uk/post/departmental-mail/external-mail/post-vat-info.aspx

although is it cool to say they are being repaired? even though they are actually being modified?

I guess I'm just curious about how other UK users get around this issue.

Jun 14, 2013 at 4:41 PM Post #7,553 of 7,980
The only experience I have of sending iems overseas for reshelling was via royal mail ISF to the states.  Cost £15 and took about 1-2 weeks to get there.  Obviously china will be further so longer and not even sure if isf will cover it.  I did not pay any tax on the return trips fwiw.

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:11 PM Post #7,554 of 7,980
Quote:
The only experience I have of sending iems overseas for reshelling was via royal mail ISF to the states.  Cost £15 and took about 1-2 weeks to get there.  Obviously china will be further so longer and not even sure if isf will cover it.  I did not pay any tax on the return trips fwiw.

Interesting that you didn't have to worry about tax when it was re-imported David. I wonder if it was labeled in a particular way, or whether you were just lucky?

Jun 14, 2013 at 5:31 PM Post #7,555 of 7,980
Fisher (inearz) sent it back 3 times via ups, no taxes each time. Not marked in any way that I know of. Obviously ymmv.

Cheers

Jun 14, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #7,557 of 7,980
Quote:

Speaking of which, I hope Wizard is ok. He is always around on the forums at least once a day. Fortis sent you a pm.

Jun 14, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #7,559 of 7,980
I've been told by Bankokkid that my reshelled 4A and 8A will not be subject to taxes over and above the cost of reshelling - as the taxes have already been paid - I can't imagine that you would have to pay taxes each time they are shipped and returned from overseas - think of having to refit them 2-3 times. Nah, that doesn't happen.

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #7,560 of 7,980
Quote:
I've been told by Bankokkid that my reshelled 4A and 8A will not be subject to taxes over and above the cost of reshelling - as the taxes have already been paid - I can't imagine that you would have to pay taxes each time they are shipped and returned from overseas - think of having to refit them 2-3 times. Nah, that doesn't happen.

Taxing is a fairly complicated issue drastically different from country to country, and more interestingly from shipment to shipment pending on the declarations submitted. Generally if proven, the repair should not be recharged, but again too many tax officers try to view this on their own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back