The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #7,516 of 7,980
Ha ha, sorry I couldn't help myself. I'm a Spurs fan and my brother is a Hammer's fan so it's in my blood to wind up anyone in claret and blue  
wink.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 8:50 AM Post #7,517 of 7,980
Quote:
Ha ha, sorry I couldn't help myself. I'm a Spurs fan and my brother is a Hammer's fan so it's in my blood to wind up anyone in claret and blue  
wink.gif

wind-up are you sure... you'll be begging for mercy as you made the basic mistake of any yiddo, you've revealed who you support, I already knew you guys were stupidly thick but obviously self-preservation from internet ridicule doesn't enter your thinking... no wonder your in the Chumps League next season
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:06 AM Post #7,518 of 7,980
Quote:

wind-up are you sure... you'll be begging for mercy as you made the basic mistake of any yiddo, you've revealed who you support, I already knew you guys were stupidly thick but obviously self-preservation from internet ridicule doesn't enter your thinking... no wonder your in the Chumps League next season
bigsmile_face.gif

This from a Wet Spam fan. A team who are only just about managing to stay in the premiership these days. Never mind though, you've got Andy Carroll the most over rated player in the history of football on your books. Hope you're all geared up for another relegation battle next season  
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 9:22 AM Post #7,519 of 7,980
To all the off topic chatter, just thought well... *cough*

Surely the very fact the comment is from the man who makes the Heir iems, makes it perfectly appropriate for an Heir appreciation thread?? The subject was straying into a conversation about terminology and semantics, which was clearly off topic.

So without further ado and straight back on topic....  Dr Moulton, when are you going to start producing more of those universal 8 driver iems you built before? 
biggrin.gif

Jun 10, 2013 at 10:47 AM Post #7,520 of 7,980
Quote:

Any reason? I was looking at the 90 last night as a sweet spot between the 3 and 4ai models. Didn't know if the clip plus or ipod classic could drive them though!Cheers

The ipod can drive them perfectly. I've tried the tzar 90 with just the ipod out and with the Vmoda Vamp Verza amp. No difference whatsoever in sound.

The Tzar 90s don't fit my preferences so that's why I'm selling it. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #7,521 of 7,980
Quote:
The ipod can drive them perfectly. I've tried the tzar 90 with just the ipod out and with the Vmoda Vamp Verza amp. No difference whatsoever in sound.

That's interesting...Do you mean there was no noticeable improvement using the external DAC/amp at all vs. the iPod DAC? Or were you using just the analog amp section? Just curious...if the external DAC made zero improvements I would be sure to steer clear of the Verza!

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:06 PM Post #7,522 of 7,980
I'm selling my 3Ai's!  Had a fun sound signature I'm more a analytical listener.  Listened for only thirty minutes total!  PM if interested.

Im wondering how the 90's sound compared to the 3Ai's?  anyone have both?

Jun 10, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #7,523 of 7,980
Quote:

Any (brief would help!) pointers to the 90's sound as their hasn't been as much talk about it.  Seems to fall somewhere between the 3 and 4 ai models.

Cheers

Jun 10, 2013 at 1:33 PM Post #7,524 of 7,980
Quote:
That's interesting...Do you mean there was no noticeable improvement using the external DAC/amp at all vs. the iPod DAC? Or were you using just the analog amp section? Just curious...if the external DAC made zero improvements I would be sure to steer clear of the Verza!

No noticeable improvement. I connected it using the external DAC/amp. External DAC made only minor improvements.  But in normal use, one will not notice anything. Bass boost has it's nice effect however.
Quote:
Any (brief would help!) pointers to the 90's sound as their hasn't been as much talk about it.  Seems to fall somewhere between the 3 and 4 ai models.

Cheers

I can't really describe it clearly. I just dont like the sound of the 90s. It's not made for my taste. Others may have a different opinion and love it. 

Jun 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #7,525 of 7,980
Hai everyone, im new to headfi.org. I was looking into the IEM section and I was wondering which IEM would fit both Jazz Pop-punk/Alternative rock. I was looking into either the Heir Audio 4.ai or the Westone 4r. I do enjoy a flat signature so im wondering which I would enjoy best.

Jun 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #7,526 of 7,980
Quote:
Hai everyone, im new to headfi.org. I was looking into the IEM section and I was wondering which IEM would fit both Jazz Pop-punk/Alternative rock. I was looking into either the Heir Audio 4.ai or the Westone 4r. I do enjoy a flat signature so im wondering which I would enjoy best.

The 4.Ai is flatter, but with what you said you'd be using them with, you may want to lean towards the Westone W4s (they are still technically stronger overall IMO).

Waits for the crowd to come and say I'm wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back