The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 11, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #6,526 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks!  Did you send to CA first?  You don't recall offhand how many weeks that was do you?

Sorry, and thanks.

No worries. When I first sent my impressions then went to CA first and then I believe it took at least 3 weeks for them to get to China (unfortunately, I just looked and it appears I have every email they sent me except the 'we received your impressions' one).

I actually just sent them in for a refit a month ago and it took from March 13 to April 9 to get there, so almost exactly 4 weeks.

Apr 11, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #6,527 of 7,980
Quote:
Sorry guys, I didn't want to make a whole new topic for this question...  I'm probably just paranoid and I don't want to bug the nice guys at Heir anymore...  I am doing a warranty transfer on some 3a's.  I sent my impressions and the iems to San Diego in Feb, and Branan confirmed that they shipped out to China on March 3rd.  Sunny said they would let me know when they arrived in China... but I have not heard anything yet...  I am assuming I probably won't get an email from Heir until they actually start working on them, as to not emphasize how long it takes from the time they receive them to the time they begin work? (maybe thats a cynical assumption).  But it's been a bit of time... is this pretty normal?  Any SWAG on when I might expect them to be completed?

Thanks

I'd strongly advise you to send them an email asking for confirmation, because I was in your situation, waiting for the confirmation email for weeks. As it turned out, when I finally got an email from Heir, it was to show me pictures of my CIEM. No need to tell you it was a pleasant surprise, but if I had know they had received my impressions, I wouldn't have been worrying about my impressions getting lost in the middle of China. So just to be sure, ask them!

Apr 11, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #6,528 of 7,980
Quote:
Sorry guys, I didn't want to make a whole new topic for this question...  I'm probably just paranoid and I don't want to bug the nice guys at Heir anymore...  I am doing a warranty transfer on some 3a's.  I sent my impressions and the iems to San Diego in Feb, and Branan confirmed that they shipped out to China on March 3rd.  Sunny said they would let me know when they arrived in China... but I have not heard anything yet...  I am assuming I probably won't get an email from Heir until they actually start working on them, as to not emphasize how long it takes from the time they receive them to the time they begin work? (maybe thats a cynical assumption).  But it's been a bit of time... is this pretty normal?  Any SWAG on when I might expect them to be completed?

Thanks

I would strongly suggest you contact nina@micro-dsp.com or sunny@micro-dsp.com  to get a better understanding of what is going on. Don't worry about bugging them, they are there to help out.

Wizard

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 13, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #6,530 of 7,980
Just back from mowing the lawn while wearing my precious 8.A. I was using a relatively silent electric model (94dBA) and I could only hear it when no music was playing. Excellent noise isolation.

Apr 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #6,531 of 7,980
If anyone is having fit issues and are having trouble identifying what the problems are and need help in conveying that information, I recommend checking out this ultimate ears guide. They have a interactive app that can really help you identify what all the different areas are in the monitor. The RMA form from heir audio was not detailed enough for me but this is pretty good if you are a beginner in this. 

http://ultimateears.logitech.com/en-ca/custom-in-ear-monitors/custom-support/troubleshooting

Apr 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #6,532 of 7,980
^nice find! Thanks for sharing, very helpful!
size]

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:32 PM Post #6,534 of 7,980
Quote:

I built these for a distributor in Thailand, and after they were built....

I was beguiled and I partook of the fruit.....

and I was quickly reminded of how I got the nick name "The Wizard."

HOLY HELL. forget saving up for the 5.0... I WANT THESE :O 

(Oh, I should have listened when everyone said Head-Fi would be the death of my wallet)
L3000.gif

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #6,536 of 7,980
Quote:

What I'd like to know is what exactly are those? Are we talking 4ai/5.0/Tzar 350/Tzar90 universals with fancier shells or is this IEM a completely different product?
I don't know.....wild guess.....universal 6A's maybe??

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #6,537 of 7,980
What I'd like to know is what exactly are those? Are we talking 4ai/5.0/Tzar 350/Tzar90 universals with fancier shells or is this IEM a completely different product?

Dude it says right on them "8A" in the picture!
Wizard himself posted that he put a pair of 8A in a custom universal mold for a distributor, I would guess so their customers or clients could try them out.
Yes, many of us would pay dearly for an 8a in a universal housing. I think the 5.0 is as close as we are getting, otherwise he just would have put in all eight drivers.

Apr 14, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #6,538 of 7,980
Quote:
Dude it says right on them "8A" in the picture!
Wizard himself posted that he put a pair of 8A in a custom universal mold for a distributor, I would guess so their customers or clients could try them out.
Yes, many of us would pay dearly for an 8a in a universal housing. I think the 5.0 is as close as we are getting, otherwise he just would have put in all eight drivers.

Oh crap, thanks, I shouldn't have skimmed the last few pages of the thread.
Those shells look nice though. Heir should try giving their customers the option of different shell colors for their universal line. I'm guessing they would sell rather well.

Apr 15, 2013 at 4:49 AM Post #6,539 of 7,980
Quote:

If you look on the shell it says 8A :wink:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back