The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM Post #5,597 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks for the advice, LFC_SL 
smile.gif

Actually am familiar with the 8.A signature and did a small review which can be found in post #2 of the Heir Audio World Tour thread or here.

Am looking at the 8.A and Tzar 350 combo, besides missing the sound of the 8.A, is that my current JH13 pro are over 4 years old and worry they may retire in the not too distant future.
So thought it makes sense to acquire the 8.A once more (perhaps with a fresher design) and the Tzar 350 to satisfy my appetite for neutral and critical sound.

Apologies for the lack of clarity in my post. Hope this makes up for it.

Why did you give the 8a away?

Feb 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #5,598 of 7,980
I never see too much discussion about the sound stage with Heir products. I wasn't too blown away by the 3.ai in this regard... how might the 5.0 compare? I was impressed with the GR07 if that helps judge what I think is good enough in this respect. I am pretty excited to hear the 5.0. Sounds like it should be right up my alley in terms of sound signature.

Feb 25, 2013 at 3:06 AM Post #5,602 of 7,980
I know that this question is relative and depends on personnal tastes BUT for me, speaking about "more details" or "less bass" or more this and less that don't ever mean something.

If one would give opinions on which one is the more true to the source and reallity, the more hi-fi (more versatile)....which one will it be?

To me, for example, to have more details than the 4A, I don't think that it would be musical enough and perhaps to artificial like beeing in front of a full HD TV, watching it  from a distance of 50 cm...one should like but it's not close to reality...(but I never tried the Tzar for example, so I cant' affirm it. )

Taking that in consideration, will the 5.0 be a step up VS the 4A? 

Is it possible to give an opinion or the answer will always be: it depends on your idea of what hi-fi is?

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:20 AM Post #5,604 of 7,980
Quote:
How does the Tzar 350 hold up against other 'clinical' IEMs like the ER4p?

It beats them at their own game. More neutral and with better bass response - and more detailed. I was quite amazed when I tried A/B'ing the two.

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #5,605 of 7,980
After a lot of waiting (due to DHL and Chinese customs) for my 8.A to be redone, The Wizard once again lives up to his title. I put my faith in his skills and artistic eye, asking for a unique design but otherwise leaving things up to him. And boy, did he deliver...

Yeah, that's gold dust alright.

If you can't come up with a brilliant idea for your design, leave it to The Wizard, trust me. 

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:50 AM Post #5,606 of 7,980
Quote:
After a lot of waiting (due to DHL and Chinese customs) for my 8.A to be redone, The Wizard once again lives up to his title. I put my faith in his skills and artistic eye, asking for a unique design but otherwise leaving things up to him. And boy, did he deliver...

If you can't come up with a brilliant idea for your design, leave it to The Wizard, trust me. 

The one that costs about 300 USD as an optional extra? 

Feb 25, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #5,607 of 7,980
Quote:

Not sure if I like them or if I like them... I really can't decide! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #5,608 of 7,980
Quote:

The one that costs about 300 USD as an optional extra? 

I asked for a unique Wizard Design and that's what I got! 
biggrin.gif

I believe the $300 gold option is this one:

Mine is a "gold alloy" where the above is 24K gold nuggets 
eek.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:13 AM Post #5,609 of 7,980
Quote:
I asked for a unique Wizard Design and that's what I got! 
biggrin.gif

I believe the $300 gold option is this one:

Mine is a "gold alloy" where the above is 24K gold nuggets 
eek.gif

:D

How much is a custom Wizard design? I vaguely remember it costing a bomb as well though :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back