The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 21, 2013 at 11:58 AM Post #5,491 of 7,980
Quote:
I am ordering 8A soon and was wondering if anybody knew how customs work in the UK or in general. If I got a friend in mainland China to put it into a new box and declare the item 40 bucks and a gift would I avoid customs. Or do the officials go through it and look at it and think wait this has to be expensive slap a fee on it?

I don't think debating how to break the law is appropriate in public threads
redface.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:15 PM Post #5,493 of 7,980
Quote:
I can't stop looking at that picture of Noobmachine's faceplates. Just as we thought The Wizard and his staff had outdone themselves and presented their best work ever, they do something like that... Amazing.

I know man, same here. I just want the wizard to design me an empty shell now so I can put it on my shelf with the rest of the beautiful art and sculptures...

Feb 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM Post #5,496 of 7,980
I'm listening to an old Travis album (Scottish band, album is called the man who), I haven't listened to it in years but it sounds spectacular on the 4a's. This is what quality iems is all about - rediscovering those old albums in your collection.

Mind you, the album isn't too cheery so if you're feeling slightly down I'd give it a pass :p

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #5,497 of 7,980
Hahaha, after such a long time without browsing headfi regularly (I occasionally peak a bit) after I got my JH13s 4 years ago I'm finally back now that my 13s died on me :frowning2:

Really interested in Heir Audio, especially when I'm looking for a full transportable setup instead of just a CIEM. Was wondering if the Rendition 1 was made for the 8.As? I haven't seen too much impressions on them. Anyone has any impressions on this combo, the synergy?

Also, was wondering how are the SPC custom cables?

I'm very tempted to just get a DAC -> Rendition 1 -> SPC Custom cable -> 8.A combo and disappear from headfi for 4 years again. My wallet will thank me :)

Sorry, I'm away for quite long and I've totally no idea what the current trends are. :wink:

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #5,498 of 7,980
Only a very few people have heard the Rendition 1, although I think the first few orders have started to come in within the past couple days.

Also, while I don't have experience with SPC custom cables, the 8.A comes with the upgraded Magnus 1 cable, which is quite excellent.

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:16 PM Post #5,499 of 7,980
Feb 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #5,500 of 7,980
Feb 21, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #5,501 of 7,980
Does anyone know about the new 5.0 model coming out, just seen this today....:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/headphones-headphone-amps/1745979-avf-exclusive-heir-audio-5-0-iem-announced.html

Seems it is going to have 5 BA's in a normal iem! 

I cannot see anything on this anywhere else about these, wonder when it is due out and how much it will cost?

Whoa! Pretty cool..I wonder what the sound signature will be like? Something like a 6.A replacement? If so, maybe this will be available in a CIEM version?

Feb 21, 2013 at 4:23 PM Post #5,504 of 7,980
Surly this has to be the limit for amount of BA's in a generic iem? 

I have been looking at a pair of back up iem's to my JH16's as I used to have the Shure SE530's which I absolutely loved the sound of until I got the 16' s of course and was contemplating getting a pair of 535's but get the feeling these 5.0's might be the ultimate in iem's before having to go up to ciem's (in theory). . 

It will all depend what they will cost at the end of the day in relation to other flagship iem's. 

I can only imagine the sound quality will be very close to the ciem's but as for actual signature of these who knows?

I only have heard the 3Ai and was impressed with them for the price and was surprised I could listen to them quite happily for a long period of time.  Have heard the 4Ai is a step up to the 3Ai as expected but the signature is different. 

I do wonder if these 5.0 will go for a fun sig with a boosted bass or just stay more neutral with a flatter response. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #5,505 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm listening to an old Travis album (Scottish band, album is called the man who), I haven't listened to it in years but it sounds spectacular on the 4a's. This is what quality iems is all about - rediscovering those old albums in your collection.

Mind you, the album isn't too cheery so if you're feeling slightly down I'd give it a pass :p

Thanks for bringing this back into my mind. Haven't listened to this in ages. Excellent album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back