The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 21, 2013 at 1:52 AM Post #5,476 of 7,980
Quote:
And wow to the blood sweat and tears. Never thought head-fi.org could be quite so emotional :...(

This thread got too emotional for me. It's definitely not helping that I have exams next week and it's 1:51 AM right now. 
<Signing off now /> 

Edit: I just found out the story behind the memorial CIEM's. It's very touching to see how the owner trusted Heir Audio with that project. 

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #5,478 of 7,980
While I agree that no CIEM or headphone can ever be declared the very best, because of personal preference, musical styles, financial reasons, etc., I can only say that the 8.A produces an addictive, warm and engaging sound.  Compared to my full-sized headphones, the 8.A really holds its own alongside my LA7000 and HD650, which share some of the same traits.  In addition, having the 4.A allows me to transition between a fun listening experience in the 8.A and one where I can hear music as it was meant to be heard on a more neutral plane.

While I've spent a lot of money on CIEMs, a hard pill to swallow for sure, Heir's service and support has made me feel completely at ease with my decisions.  When a company produces quality products and service at the highest levels, for me it justifies spending that extra premium from time to time -- which is why I'm a fan of IBM/Lenovo, Toyota/Lexus and, recently, Heir Audio and Violectric.  They all seem to make excellent products backed by some of the best service in the business.

With all that said, I can't wait to see and hear how my new 6.A LE soon turns out!

I hope the Wizard and his crew have continued success in the new year.  May the Force Be With You  
size]

Feb 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM Post #5,479 of 7,980
Quote:

Try to think of it from another perspective. Even with negative feedback you can take it into consideration and improve upon such situations the next time around. Disregarding it is not good, especially if it is warranted. That is how I think of it. If you were wrong then accept it, apologize and offer a solution. That is my philosophy. I do have pride yet I am also very humble at the same time (I'm probably more humble than anything). If anything showing such humility will actually garner you support and people will respect you even more.

Not sure what you mean. ..

Ps. Heir is very unique as in that they create little works of art that sound good/great. I personally have no issue with companies promoting their product as good or the best product since it is up to the customers to do some reseach on the web. If you look at the facebook page and the pictures posted we all really can only agree that these CEIM's are absolutly stunning. I personally would not consider any other and if The Wizard still had a 6.a I probably would buy that one within a heart beat.

Anyway Lets move forward:) and I have to say that 2013 will be another great year for Heir and the Head-fi community,.

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #5,480 of 7,980
Quote:
Not sure what you mean. ..

Ps. Heir is very unique as in that they create little works of art that sound good/great. I personally have no issue with companies promoting their product as good or the best product since it is up to the customers to do some reseach on the web. If you look at the facebook page and the pictures posted we all really can only agree that these CEIM's are absolutly stunning. I personally would not consider any other and if The Wizard still had a 6.a I probably would buy that one within a heart beat.

Anyway Lets move forward:) and I have to say that 2013 will be another great year for Heir and the Head-fi community,.

If you read earlier on in this thread you would know exactly what I mean.

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:15 AM Post #5,481 of 7,980
Quote:
If you read earlier on in this thread you would know exactly what I mean.

LOL, have you seen the size of this tread and using a "Smart" phone reading all post is a pain at best, anyway still not sure what you mean but will browse around or maybe not since I probably will just browse the pictures / photo section to see some Heir P0Rn

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #5,482 of 7,980
Quote:
LOL, have you seen the size of this tread and using a "Smart" phone reading all post is a pain at best, anyway still not sure what you mean but will browse around or maybe not since I probably will just browse the pictures / photo section to see some Heir P0Rn

You got PM gidion :wink:.

Feb 21, 2013 at 3:58 AM Post #5,483 of 7,980
I can't stop looking at that picture of Noobmachine's faceplates. Just as we thought The Wizard and his staff had outdone themselves and presented their best work ever, they do something like that... Amazing.

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:36 AM Post #5,484 of 7,980
Woaw, just received them 2 hours ago, and boy they sound great! Thank you Heir Audio, my 4As sound amazing, so much depth and texture, accurate, everything sounds alive! And beautiful craftsmanship, I don't think the logo on the left faceplate is off-centered and if it is, it really is barely noticeable to the untrained eye. 

Here's a pic, it's hard to capture the real colours with a picture, I went with a gun metal blue shell with a "orange" logo, I really like the combination and the gun metal blue is beautiful, I like being able to see everything inside, it's transparent enough even though it's hard to see on the picture.

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:49 AM Post #5,485 of 7,980
My 8.A are scheduled to arrive tomorrow....and I have been informed my Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing has been dispatched too....I know how I will be spending my weekend
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 21, 2013 at 5:54 AM Post #5,486 of 7,980
Quote:
My 8.A are scheduled to arrive tomorrow....and I have been informed my Steven Wilson - The Raven That Refused to Sing has been dispatched too....I know how I will be spending my weekend
ksc75smile.gif

I look forward to your impressions. They are quite the musical pair of IEMs :).

Feb 21, 2013 at 6:14 AM Post #5,487 of 7,980
Quote:
I look forward to your impressions. They are quite the musical pair of IEMs :).

I am particularly interested to see how they compare with the JH16.
I 'll have to find the Sound Glossary on Head-fi so I can articulate my impressions as accurately as possible.

Feb 21, 2013 at 9:18 AM Post #5,488 of 7,980
Haha
I can't stop looking at that picture of Noobmachine's faceplates. Just as we thought The Wizard and his staff had outdone themselves and presented their best work ever, they do something like that... Amazing.

I'll be sure to take more pictures when they arrive, I really can't believe how well they turned out, the Cocobolo just pops out so nicely and the tan wood inlays look beautiful, I cannot thank the Wizard enough!!

Feb 21, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #5,489 of 7,980
I am ordering 8A soon and was wondering if anybody knew how customs work in the UK or in general. If I got a friend in mainland China to put it into a new box and declare the item 40 bucks and a gift would I avoid customs. Or do the officials go through it and look at it and think wait this has to be expensive slap a fee on it?

Feb 21, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #5,490 of 7,980
Quote:
I am ordering 8A soon and was wondering if anybody knew how customs work in the UK or in general. If I got a friend in mainland China to put it into a new box and declare the item 40 bucks and a gift would I avoid customs. Or do the officials go through it and look at it and think wait this has to be expensive slap a fee on it?

You could probably avoid customs that way, but if anything happens then all you're going to get back is $40 instead of the full value.

Personally I wouldn't risk it, but it is of course up to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back