The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 31, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #4,876 of 7,980
The design of my 8.A's is completely in the hands of The Wizard - this doesn't really make the waiting easier! Now I'm super excited to find out what he comes up with. I had so many ideas for designs and I would change my decision 5 timea a day, so I decided to give him complete artistic freedom to do what he wanted. 

Dammit, I forgot to veto pink shells and Hello Kitty faceplates.

Jan 31, 2013 at 4:25 AM Post #4,878 of 7,980
Quote:
Oh so he's completely redoing yours? Was this under warranty? :)

Long story 
smile.gif

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #4,880 of 7,980
Quote:

If that is what you end up with I would consider having my ears remolded by a plastic surgeon so I could fit them after buying them from you.

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #4,881 of 7,980
Sorensiim said:

Good, because I may or may not have slipped him a little something to make sure that’s exactly what you get. Not saying I did, but I might have. You know. Maybe. Might have been My Little Pony. Might have. Not saying it was.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:00 PM Post #4,884 of 7,980
Quote:
If that is what you end up with I would consider having my ears remolded by a plastic surgeon so I could fit them after buying them from you.

Quote:
Good, because I may or may not have slipped him a little something to make sure that’s exactly what you get. Not saying I did, but I might have. You know. Maybe. Might have been My Little Pony. Might have. Not saying it was.

Jan 31, 2013 at 8:27 PM Post #4,886 of 7,980
Well, looks like my 4.As are on their world tour like some others'.

So far they've gone from China to the US and apparently in the middle of clearing customs they decided to stop over in Korea :p

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #4,887 of 7,980
My impressions arrived at Heir's labs but alas I now have insufficient funds to make the payment :) Now the hard part comes: deciding which color and which wood face plate to choose. 

Jan 31, 2013 at 10:43 PM Post #4,889 of 7,980
Hey guys,

I've been away from head-fi for a year plus now as I was busy with life. Anyways, I'm by no means a audiophile but long story short.. my original Atrios M5 are falling apart so I need to find a replacement. Do you guys recommend start at 3A and move up later on or save up and just get the 4A?

I have no extensive experience with different types of headphones (but I love my AKG Sextett's). So I don't really have a demand for something particular. Just want something that I can buy and forget about spending money on new phones in the future. 

Your input will be appreciated!

Jan 31, 2013 at 11:13 PM Post #4,890 of 7,980
Quote:
Hey guys,

I've been away from head-fi for a year plus now as I was busy with life. Anyways, I'm by no means a audiophile but long story short.. my original Atrios M5 are falling apart so I need to find a replacement. Do you guys recommend start at 3A and move up later on or save up and just get the 4A?

I have no extensive experience with different types of headphones (but I love my AKG Sextett's). So I don't really have a demand for something particular. Just want something that I can buy and forget about spending money on new phones in the future. 

Your input will be appreciated!

The 4.A isn't really an "upgrade" to the 3.A per se as they have different sound signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back