The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 30, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #4,861 of 7,980
Quote:
I was assuming by 'convert' he meant stop using crappy low bit rate files and switch to using Lossless.

LOL, well, I'm not using Lossless on my iPod right now.  256 AAC or 320 MP3.  I do have some old 192 MP3 that sound like crap, so they aren't on my iPod :p 

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #4,863 of 7,980

My ears must be a funny shape. These are "fatter" than most people's!

But I love them. Can't wait 
etysmile.gif

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:25 PM Post #4,864 of 7,980
Quote:

I want to revise step 9: Use lossless.  Convert seems to infer we can convert from non-lossless which won't make any differences except you will have less available storage on your source.

Also want to revise step 1: why an iPod?  Most sources will do :wink:

I've done these in this order, step 1, 2, 4, 7, 5, 6 (repeat 6 a couple times) :wink:

I was for the most part being a wise *****. I was just taking a the 12-step program comment and running with it.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:51 PM Post #4,865 of 7,980
Quote:
That would still save a chunk of change.  Someone paid £79.00 odd on one delivery.  Plus theres the wait times as well.

No regrets
cool.gif
Am fortunate to have disposable income in this economic environment and no dependants. Audio is notorious for diminishing returns but despite the additional import cost really do not think at all have overpaid for my new toy based on the first 48 hours. In contrast importing the ESW9 had perceived less value on receipt for me due to the overall package, strange thing perception :)

Jan 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #4,867 of 7,980
Quote:

My ears must be a funny shape. These are "fatter" than most people's!

But I love them. Can't wait 
etysmile.gif

I think they look really nice. You have some big ear canals :wink:. The shape reminds me of the big island lol (Hawaii). The crowns surprisingly jive very well on them. Very nice!

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #4,870 of 7,980
If we really want to go the 12-step route, here it is:

1. Admitted we were powerless over headphones and other kick-ass audio products.
2. Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
3. Made a decision to turn our gear over to the care of Jude as we understood him.
4. Made a fearless and searching inventory of our audio gear.
5. Admitted to Jude, to ourselves, and another head-fier the exact nature of our audio gear.
6. Were entirely ready to have Jude relieve us of our audio gear so that he can sell it on the for sale thread.
7. Humbly asked him to just take the damn gear already.
8. Made a list of all head-fiers we had made snarky comments towards, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9. Made direct amends when possible, except when doing so would cause their egos to inflate or inspire them to buy even more gear.
10. Continued to take inventory of our audio products, and when we broke down and bought something, promptly sold it on the for sale thread to somebody from Latvia with absolutely no feedback.
11. Through well-written reviews and cleverly designed, Jude-inspired avatars, sought to improve our conscious contact with Jude, asking only for knowledge of the next great pair of headphones or dap before anybody else learned about it so that we could start a thread and seem really smart to other head-fiers.
12. Having finally smelt the proverbial coffee as a result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicted head-fiers, and practice these principles in all our affairs.

I'm doublea71 and I'm a headphone-aholic.

Jan 31, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #4,875 of 7,980
Quote:
You are one of a number of people who are waiting to have something very technical, very intricate, very beautiful and completely bespoke created for them by hand where a single mistake ruins the entire thing.

Not sure you'd want them to rush it.

I'd rather wait and have it done properly than rushed and then have to send it back for fixing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back