The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 29, 2013 at 2:07 PM Post #4,816 of 7,980
@ doublea71 - hahaha thanks m8 :D

@ anoxy - hahaha yaa, even when i saw that i was like damn thats a long canal, - but u know its funny cuz usually with iems i haveto push the left side in to get better bass and sound 95% of the times, and i was like should i mail these guys for a musicans fit , but then i thought i should just leave it to the wizard and team .. and im glad i did cuz atleast from the pictures it looks like im gonna have a good fit.
biggrin.gif

Jan 29, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #4,818 of 7,980
I have a question about the 8.A's. Are there only filters in two of the three sound tubes ? When I look at my left monitor, I see one of the three tubes looks very white with no filter that I can see. The right one looks the same, but without the white color.

I dunno if what I just wrote makes any sense LOL

Darren

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #4,821 of 7,980
Just found this in my inbox today! Gun metal blue and buckeye burl!

Hmm, I ordered the 4.As with gun metal blue and ziricote. Now I wish I had ordered the buckeye burl.  
Out of curiosity, would companies be able to paint the wood on a CIEM, or does something during the manufacturing process make it difficult? It might be cool to get a sunburst painted quilted maple faceplate to match my bass.

Jan 29, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #4,822 of 7,980
Hmm, I ordered the 4.As with gun metal blue and ziricote. Now I wish I had ordered the buckeye burl.

I sort of know the feeling. When I ordered my 4.A it was with a semi-transparent slate color. I then saw some of the other things people had done and sort of regretted my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the simplicity of my design (especially the barely visible laser-etched Heir logos), but some of the designs were just so beautiful.

That’s why, for my second pair, I went with the Buckeye Burl with clear bodies. Sort of a whole technology meets nature sort of thing. I can’t wait to see what the Wizard comes up with! The man makes flawless choices when selecting which cuts of wood to use and I’m very excited to see what he chooses for me.

It will be glorious.

Jan 30, 2013 at 3:53 AM Post #4,823 of 7,980
Quote:
I sort of know the feeling. When I ordered my 4.A it was with a semi-transparent slate color. I then saw some of the other things people had done and sort of regretted my decision. Don’t get me wrong, I loved the simplicity of my design (especially the barely visible laser-etched Heir logos), but some of the designs were just so beautiful.

That’s why, for my second pair, I went with the Buckeye Burl with clear bodies. Sort of a whole technology meets nature sort of thing. I can’t wait to see what the Wizard comes up with! The man makes flawless choices when selecting which cuts of wood to use and I’m very excited to see what he chooses for me.

It will be glorious.

I was going through this as well even before finalizing my order lmao :p. So many beautiful designs to choose from. I really like those dark woodies with matching shell color and even the 2 tone inlays of the dark orange/brown. Maybe one day if they offer the 6A again I'll consider this type of option from them :).

I'm curious does anyone know the sensitivity rating of the 8A?

Jan 30, 2013 at 4:40 AM Post #4,824 of 7,980
Quote:
That's funny, I thought you said 4.a AND 6.a AND 8.a...

Oh.  Wait...

blink.gif

I did say that, and I will post some pictures later of said IEMs. I don't think I ever got around to it, as shortly after I got them life turned upside down for awhile.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:10 AM Post #4,825 of 7,980
Quote:

I did say that, and I will post some pictures later of said IEMs. I don't think I ever got around to it, as shortly after I got them life turned upside down for awhile.

I think head-fi needs a 12-step group....the first step is admitting you're powerless over headphones.

Jan 30, 2013 at 5:28 AM Post #4,826 of 7,980
Quote:
I think head-fi needs a 12-step group....the first step is admitting you're powerless over headphones.

Well once you get to a certain level though I think you finally find satisfaction. At least that is how I feel right now. Where you are not as tempted to get sucked into the FOTM nightmare. It usually leads to nowhere and money wasted on purchases you won't appreciate for the long haul... I'm after FOTY (flavor of the year) :wink:.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:04 AM Post #4,827 of 7,980
I think u have to keep a level head - everyone has their one addiction that the they don't think before spending, for someone else it can be a expensive car, a full blown di2 fitted carbon bike, and some headfi gear lol for a third person it may be a stupid and unnecessary expense. But as long as you can afford to spend it doesn't matter, at the end of the day it's your money and you have complete right on how to spend it, I say you have one life, make it a happy one.

Sent from my PantechP9070 using Tapatalk 2

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:07 AM Post #4,828 of 7,980
Quote:
Well once you get to a certain level though I think you finally find satisfaction. At least that is how I feel right now. Where you are not as tempted to get sucked into the FOTM nightmare. It usually leads to nowhere and money wasted on purchases you won't appreciate for the long haul... I'm after FOTY (flavor of the year) :wink:.

Absolutely agree.  Though, once I have the 6.A to complete my collection, I'll probably be set for a while (at least in the CIEM world) moving from 4.A neutral to 6.A excited to 8.A wow. Seriously, this lifelong hobby never gets old... well, until we get real old and lose all of our hearing, doh -- let's hope for crazy medical wonders, i.e. stem cell regenerative therapy, in the not so distant future.

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #4,829 of 7,980
True. lol But I've been in this hobby long enough to gauge the trend and of course I want to step away from superfluous purchases if possible (for me that is). I think it is extremely hard to find complete satisfaction in this hobby yet I'm at that point after how long lol :p.

@Sunniho. I'm of the same mindset lol. While I love getting new toys I want to be happy with what I have and I'm finally there. Just waiting on the 8As and we'll see where things go from there. Of course I'm not done lol. Eventually I'll go down the route of full size cans again when funds allow and continue upgrading sources and portable sources as I go. I'm sold on Hisound products for now though. I can't wait for what they are gonna offer in the near future. I'm hearing the Studio V 3rd ANV pairs extremely well with the Heir 8A as well so I can't wait :).

Jan 30, 2013 at 6:11 AM Post #4,830 of 7,980
Drum Roll ................ 
size]

Time to "rock and roll" Should have them by the weekend, hopefully?

I have no idea what wood is being used? But they look gorgeous. Love the bits on the pair of 6A 
size]

I just left everything to the Wizard.

Thank you!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back