The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 24, 2013 at 11:24 PM Post #4,711 of 7,980
For the N. American folk it's 5 weeks from the date it arrives at the Heir labs in China not the date it arrives in the Californian offices. I'm personally not expecting anything until the first or second week of February at the earliest.

Jan 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #4,713 of 7,980
Congratulations Parker!

just got an email from Sunny with the best new's ive heard all day!!
biggrin.gif

Quote:
We are pleased to inform you that your earmold impressions just arrived at our lab today. Your impressions are safe and fine.  We will begin to build your earphone very soon.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:43 AM Post #4,714 of 7,980
So it sounds like the 90 is somewhere in between the 4Ai and the 350...I hope I'm interpreting that correctly. Thanks for the description - I dig the philosophy behind them and also how you fill gaps in the market almost instinctively. 

Jan 25, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #4,715 of 7,980
I have JH13's, anybody ever transitioned onto Heir from JH? I've been interested lately since I get a lot of e-mails about these and it seems their popularity is on the rise.. so I decided to pop in this thread :)

Hey everybody :)

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #4,716 of 7,980
If you wanted the JH13 take on Heir I'd say the Heir 6A would be it but they've sold out of parts for that unit. The 8A approach would be quite the opposite but then having a completely different signature IMO is better than having a side grade :).

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:37 AM Post #4,718 of 7,980
Welcome to the thread Chris, u should definately get the 8.A, as far as i've read, its much more musical compared to any of the JH lineup which has a more in your face sound. Im sure once u do, it will be your go to iem for most of the music that u would listen to, cuz thats what many who own a 8.A are doing currently :) 

Jan 25, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #4,719 of 7,980
Quote:
I have JH13's, anybody ever transitioned onto Heir from JH? I've been interested lately since I get a lot of e-mails about these and it seems their popularity is on the rise.. so I decided to pop in this thread :)

Hey everybody :)

I've got the JH13 and 16...and soon to have the 8.A. I'm very interested to see how they compare against each other...and which becomes my go to IEM.

Jan 25, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #4,720 of 7,980
Quote:
If you wanted the JH13 take on Heir I'd say the Heir 6A would be it but they've sold out of parts for that unit. The 8A approach would be quite the opposite but then having a completely different signature IMO is better than having a side grade :).

Quote:
Welcome to the thread Chris, u should definately get the 8.A, as far as i've read, its much more musical compared to any of the JH lineup which has a more in your face sound. Im sure once u do, it will be your go to iem for most of the music that u would listen to, cuz thats what many who own a 8.A are doing currently :) 

Quote:
I've got the JH13 and 16...and soon to have the 8.A. I'm very interested to see how they compare against each other...and which becomes my go to IEM.

I realized I posted that really late so only the asian guys will have seen it but results look pretty bleak. Heir offers generous discounts depending on the time of the year and I may contact them for a homie hookup. I talked to my friend at length about Heir and his process getting them. I like their trim designs and they hold themselves accountable for the quality of their work. Notice how I didn't say anything about the sound yet right? Honesty and integrity are important to me as a customer and as an MOT :)

I went with JH for the service first, sound second. The JH13 is better than my LCD-2's at everything, the 16 is more musical but was a little boomy for my taste. My 13's are from JH, not reshells.

I'm actually just curious, if I get something that is completely different but just as good, I would actually like that very much. I can sell the 13's for a few hundred dollars loss, and get to know my music in a different way.. sounds great right? I'll be monitoring this thread closely.

Jan 25, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #4,721 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm actually just curious, if I get something that is completely different but just as good, I would actually like that very much. I can sell the 13's for a few hundred dollars loss, and get to know my music in a different way.. sounds great right? I'll be monitoring this thread closely.

Same for me.
I think once I have the 8.A, I will finally be able to find the one "CIEM to Rule Them All" (well, for me anyway)
...and then my CIEM journey will end.

...and my Headphones, Amp and DAC journey will begin
biggrin.gif

Jan 25, 2013 at 8:01 AM Post #4,722 of 7,980
Quote:
The JH13 is better than my LCD-2's at everything, the 16 is more musical but was a little boomy for my taste. My 13's are from JH, not reshells.

Personally I like the diversity of sound I get from different equipment. I'm trying to cut my collection back and get rid of the things I don't use any more, but having different equipment with a range of strengths is a virtue.

It's one of the things I like about headphone audio over home audio: Even if you're very well off it's still going to be a challenge to keep a range of speakers and set up whatever you're in the mood for at a moment's notice. With my customs, it's just a matter of popping something different in my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back