The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jan 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #4,382 of 7,980
Quote:
Makes me think of a classic Seinfeld episode.
wink_face.gif

Haha, great episode.

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:43 AM Post #4,383 of 7,980
Received my 4A.... perfect fit at first sight...:wink:

Love them so much....thank you Heir Audio...  

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #4,385 of 7,980
Thanx..:.-)

Sincerly, they do everything little better than the 4 ai... sure, it's not night and day but more open sound, more airy, accuracy, dynamics, little better treble extensions and low bass also.... And the confort is excellent.... better isolation than universals with silicone tips... I also have the EM6, the 4 A don't have to be ashamed... believe me.

Even at their normal price, I really think that is a good deal.

I had them with Black friday discount and all I can say is that it's the best deal I have done in 2012....

Jan 8, 2013 at 2:55 AM Post #4,387 of 7,980
believe me or not, I am not sure if I choose padouk or cocobollo, but I think it's cocobollo....

i like the contrast between the transparent shell that shows tecnical interiors and the organic dark faceplate.... :) my "own" concept....:)

technology/nature...

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #4,389 of 7,980
Can anyone give me a SQ comparison between the 4.A and the 8.A? I know the 8.A is supposed to have more bass but I'm wondering to what extent and in what way compared to the 4.A. I loved my 4.A but I sometimes wished it had just a bit more bass on some songs, usually something electronic. And it sometimes was lacking in a little of the warmth I love from cellos. Will the 8.A give me that?

My fear is that it will be overpowering or that I'll lose something elsewhere in the sound as a result.

Jan 8, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #4,390 of 7,980
Quote:
Can anyone give me a SQ comparison between the 4.A and the 8.A? I know the 8.A is supposed to have more bass but I'm wondering to what extent and in what way compared to the 4.A. I loved my 4.A but I sometimes wished it had just a bit more bass on some songs, usually something electronic. And it sometimes was lacking in a little of the warmth I love from cellos. Will the 8.A give me that?
My fear is that it will be overpowering or that I'll lose something elsewhere in the sound as a result.

I have the 4.Ai, not the full custom version, but I find the 8.A to be slightly different in it's presentation. The 4.Ai has a very intimate, yet precise soundstage. The 8.A sounds exactly like the room where the recording was made. Small, intimate studio? Small, intimate soundstage. Big concert hall? Big soundstage. The presentation is ever so slightly less forward and just a touch warmer. Never muddy or "tube-like" and very, very, very detailed. Bass on the 8.A will knock the fillings out of your teeth, but only if it is in the music. I found the bass on the 8.A to match that of the FS Atrio M5 and UM Merlins, but never does it overpower the rest of the sound or bleed into the mids. Extremely powerful when called for, but always in control. With rock and electronic music, the 8 will have you grinning from ear to ear.

Jan 8, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #4,394 of 7,980
Quote:

Project 86 has both the 4.A and the 8.A, and there are a few others as well.   It is difficult to say which is beter, as the answer may lay more in what your sound signature preference is.  If you think that bass is an evil thing, the 4.A is a safer bet, but if you enjoy tight bass, that is hits low and surprisingly hard like a 12 inch sub, the 8.A is a safe bet.

There was a time when no one would think a BA CIEM/IEM could be used for Dub Step...   those days are over, as the 8.A can handle Dub Step with ease.

But with that extra low register, it gives acoustic guitars an added texture that a product that is designed to have little to no bass... just doesn't offer that little extra flavor.

Whish is better.... hard to say.

One head fier said regrading the 8.A v/s the 4.A....

and I paraphrase...

"The 4.A is like the good wife, right in so many ways....  the 8.A is like the mistress....  the woman you just can't get out of your mind."

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Jan 8, 2013 at 9:31 AM Post #4,395 of 7,980
I'll agree with everything said so far regarding 8.A versus 4.A - they both sound great to me but have their own strong points with different music.

If I only ever listened to older jazz, chamber music, a cappella, and that sort of thing, I'd surely get the 4.A and save some dough. The strengths of the 8.A are not displayed with those genres. But if I do more modern jazz, large scale orchestral works, or any sort of rock, pop, soul, electronic music, etc, my first choice is the 8.A for those. It's just more satisfying - as it should be considering its price and flagship status. I still love the 4.A for its honesty, but the 8.A is more fun. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back