The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 31, 2012 at 10:38 AM Post #4,232 of 7,980
Quote:

And so the race begins! I hope my simple design means they'll finish fast.
redface.gif

What model are you guys getting?

Plain 8.A with carbon plate. No extras. :wink:

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:41 AM Post #4,233 of 7,980
Opinions requested.  

I have absolutely enjoy these Heir Audio 4 A.i for the past two weeks.  It has a been a clear upgrade and fantastic jump from my previous IEMs.  I didn't realize this at first but the other day I noticed that the left cable doesn't completely insert into the left channel ear piece.  It's not completely flush so there are some contacts exposed.  It's not an issue with the cable contacts being too long because I can insert the left cable completely into the right channel ear piece inputs.  I have used a moderate amount of force to try to get the cable contacts into the ear piece but don't feel comfortable pushing it harder.  Essentially, the contact holes are not deep enough.

Any issue with having the contacts exposed, about a 0.5 millimeter?    

Dec 31, 2012 at 3:07 PM Post #4,239 of 7,980
Quote:

And so the race begins! I hope my simple design means they'll finish fast.
redface.gif

What model are you guys getting?

I am getting 8.a's (Initially bought the 4.a but changed the order to 8.a's

Design wise mine intial design did not work so with help from the Wizard we came to a good solution. I can not thank him enough.

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #4,240 of 7,980
Quote:
I am getting 8.a's (Initially bought the 4.a but changed the order to 8.a's

Design wise mine intial design did not work so with help from the Wizard we came to a good solution. I can not thank him enough.

Does Heir allow you to change your wood and/or shell color for free after the order was sent in? ( I have not sent in my impressions yet).

Dec 31, 2012 at 5:28 PM Post #4,242 of 7,980
Out of curiosity, I have been looking through all posts in head fi as well as google and the heir audio facebook group page but could not find any pictures of an IEM using the spalted tamarind wood. I unfortunately ordered spalted tamarind with light smoke shell and I'm kinda worried on how it would look as I have no reference to go by. Has anyone here ordered spalted tamarind and could they post a photo of it please? I have even asked on the Heir Audio facebook page but I was told that they do not have any photos of one. :frowning2:

I really want my first CIEM's to look decent and if I can't find any reference image of how the wood looks on the IEM, I'm thinking of just changing the wood instead.... 

Dec 31, 2012 at 10:01 PM Post #4,243 of 7,980
I think I better drop Brannan a PM, my impressions arrived the day before  Xmas and I still haven't gotten anything from Heir Audio
EDIT:
Scratch what I just wrote above. I just got confirmation that my impressions have passed inspection and are on their way to the main Heir Labs in China.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Jan 1, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #4,244 of 7,980
For those of you wondering about the new vs. old Heir cases - The new case is a lot smaller and honestly a much better choice imho. 
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back