The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 26, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #4,186 of 7,980
Quote:
For me, the 8.A is the end of the journey. I can wear them for hours and hours, getting lost in the music, but they're also detailed enough for me to really analyze the recording if that is what I want.

That's the kind of statement that makes want to buy the 8.A right away, specially at it's current promo price! But then I remember I don't have access to an audiologist and I'd have to make my own ear impressions with a DIY kit, which Dr. Moulton already told me that it's not advisable... 
frown.gif

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:34 AM Post #4,187 of 7,980
Quote:

That's the kind of statement that makes want to buy the 8.A right away, specially at it's current promo price! But then I remember I don't have access to an audiologist and I'd have to make my own ear impressions with a DIY kit, which Dr. Moulton already told me that it's not advisable... 
frown.gif

There must be some place around you that can help you out. How do the senior citizens get their hearing aids?

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #4,188 of 7,980
I have received 4a a couple days ago. Well, really excited, it look so beautiful in my eye. I'm falling in love with buckeye burl :">

Dec 26, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #4,189 of 7,980
Quote:
I saw two 3D models on FB, the black anodized one with silver carbon fiber top and the silver one with black carbon fiber. Does that mean we can choose? Not sure which one i like more.

No, the CGI rendering done by Victor (AKA the Wizard's Padawan) should all have the same carbon

Silver case, black carbon fiber 

Black case, black carbon fiber

Currently the only amps available are Silver Case and black Carbon, but very soon, Black case, black carbon fiber will also be availble, and customer will have the ability to select the Amp case.

Victor rendered those designs for me during my last trip to Thailand. He was sitting out on the porch, and I was chaseing my two boys around. The guy is gifted with the "artistic eye" and I dare say better than me.

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Dec 26, 2012 at 10:25 AM Post #4,190 of 7,980
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone have any experience with shipping times/build times for the 4.Ai+?

I've received a payment confirmation from sunny over a week ago, but haven't heard anything since; I don't want to bombard them with emails demanding to know what's going on, I just want a rough timeframe.

Dec 26, 2012 at 10:43 AM Post #4,191 of 7,980
Quote:
I have received 4a a couple days ago. Well, really excited, it look so beautiful in my eye. I'm falling in love with buckeye burl :">

Oh wow those look gorgeous. I ordered my 4A with Buckeye Burl too. The only difference between yours and mine is for shell color I went with black mamba

Dec 26, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #4,193 of 7,980
The
I'm sure this has been asked before, but does anyone have any experience with shipping times/build times for the 4.Ai+?

I've received a payment confirmation from sunny over a week ago, but haven't heard anything since; I don't want to bombard them with emails demanding to know what's going on, I just want a rough timeframe.

The 4.Ai+ are built on order and shipped from china so ur looking at around a month. They take just a little les time than the customs.

Dec 26, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #4,194 of 7,980
I'm not an Heir audio owner (yet) but today I convinced my friend to order a set of 8A :) This 25% off is really really tempting and I would like to get a pair myself but the thing is I get my paycheck on the day after the sale ends :frowning2:

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #4,195 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm not an Heir audio owner (yet) but today I convinced my friend to order a set of 8A :) This 25% off is really really tempting and I would like to get a pair myself but the thing is I get my paycheck on the day after the sale ends :frowning2:

You can lock the price in for 6 months by paying a $200 non-refundable deposit. Let me know if this is something you are interested in doing so we can set you up.
 ​

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #4,197 of 7,980
I need help deciding between Grado GR8s and Heir 3.Ais

I understand the apparently Grados have even nice sounding mids and highs, but their bass leaves something to be desired?

How does Grados compare to Heirs?

I mostly listen to rap, hiphop, dubstep, and rock. Classical is a secondary, but the rest are my primary genres.

someeone help me:frowning2:

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #4,198 of 7,980
Quote:
I need help deciding between Grado GR8s and Heir 3.Ais

I understand the apparently Grados have even nice sounding mids and highs, but their bass leaves something to be desired?

How does Grados compare to Heirs?

I mostly listen to rap, hiphop, dubstep, and rock. Classical is a secondary, but the rest are my primary genres.

someeone help me:frowning2:

Go with the 3.Ai.  Grados are close to neutral, but have a sweeter tone to them from what I've read.  The 3.Ai will satisfy what you want with rap, hip hop, and dubstep, maybe even rock.  They don't work too well for classical though (GR8 should be a better match for that).  

Dec 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM Post #4,199 of 7,980
Quote:
There must be some place around you that can help you out. How do the senior citizens get their hearing aids?

That's a smart question that I also started to ask myself recently! I already started some contacts to try to solve my problem of getting my ear impressions done by a professional, as I found out last weekend that there's an Audiology school close to me... 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back