The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 7, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #3,901 of 7,980
Have confirmed with the wizard and just emailed Sunny regarding the purchase of a pair of 8A and 6A 
bigsmile_face.gif

My first venture into Customs.........both will have Wizard designs. Have not decided upon shell colours yet?! I won't be posting comments but will surely post lots of pictures when they are done!!!

A huge thanks to the Wizard for his patience, and also to Lee730, Sorensiim and Tomscy2000 for getting me into this
wink_face.gif

Can't wait!!!

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #3,902 of 7,980
Quote:
Have confirmed with the wizard and just emailed Sunny regarding the purchase of a pair of 8A and 6A 
bigsmile_face.gif

My first venture into Customs.........both will have Wizard designs. Have not decided upon shell colours yet?! I won't be posting comments but will surely post lots of pictures when they are done!!!

A huge thanks to the Wizard for his patience, and also to Lee730, Soresiim and Tomscy2000 for getting me into this
wink_face.gif

Can't wait!!!

Wow that's great. Congrats. There goes another 6.A!

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #3,905 of 7,980
Quote:
bigsmile_face.gif

A huge thanks to the Wizard for his patience, and also to Lee730, Soresiim and Tomscy2000 for getting me into this
wink_face.gif

Can't wait!!!

Congratulations!!

Man, 6.A and 8.A are going to be quite the pair, I hope you'll at least post a couple of comparisons 
smile.gif

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #3,906 of 7,980
As bad a you want a pair Soren and with Xmas right around the corner part of me would love to just tell the wizard to make my 6a's for you. Unfortunately the other part of me cannot wait to hear them. Who knows maye they won't be for me and maybe they will hit the fs forums.

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:16 PM Post #3,907 of 7,980
Just out of curiosity, how much is the last 6A - I cant find anything on the website?

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:37 PM Post #3,908 of 7,980
For those who have heard both:  Soundstage 4.ai vs. 3.ai?

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:43 PM Post #3,909 of 7,980
For those who have heard both:  Soundstage 4.ai vs. 3.ai?

4.Ai is a fairly obvious upgrade in soundstage. The 3.Ais dont have the largest soundstage, especially width, although it doesnt do too poorly in terms of ddepth and height. 4.Ai is easily better

Dec 7, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #3,911 of 7,980
Quote:
4.Ai is a fairly obvious upgrade in soundstage. The 3.Ais dont have the largest soundstage, especially width, although it doesnt do too poorly in terms of ddepth and height. 4.Ai is easily better

Thanks, that's actually a big help.  I'm looking for more width than the 4.ai.  Now I don't have to worry about trying the 3.ai

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:16 PM Post #3,913 of 7,980
Ok, so I have been enjoying my wonderful 4.A's for a little over a month and am looking to expand my music library.  Up until now most (all? would have to check) of my music is in MP3 format but now that I have higher end headphones, I'm wondering if I should start purchasing FLAC or WAV music.  Is there a big difference in quality and how much does the source come into play?  I may upgrade my source at some point, but right now I'm using a Clip.  If I stay with MP3, I can buy from Amazon which is cheaper and more convenient (their could player makes it easy to get music from computer to computer and is a built in back-up) but I spent a lot of money on my 4.A's and want to make sure I'm getting the best out of them.  Thoughts?

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #3,914 of 7,980
Quote:
Ok, so I have been enjoying my wonderful 4.A's for a little over a month and am looking to expand my music library.  Up until now most (all? would have to check) of my music is in MP3 format but now that I have higher end headphones, I'm wondering if I should start purchasing FLAC or WAV music.  Is there a big difference in quality and how much does the source come into play?  I may upgrade my source at some point, but right now I'm using a Clip.  If I stay with MP3, I can buy from Amazon which is cheaper and more convenient (their could player makes it easy to get music from computer to computer and is a built in back-up) but I spent a lot of money on my 4.A's and want to make sure I'm getting the best out of them.  Thoughts?

The answer to your questions is kind of common sense. Of course the quality of your source will make your experience much better. You can have the best headphones in the world and yet will get bad results if you listen to 123 kbps MP3s out of them. Crap in crap out. That's why some of us carry around huge bricks to get the best out of our phones. That's why some of us are willing to spend another grand rather than a Sansa clip. But you should be the one who will make that call. I can hear the differences between 320 kbps Mp3 and lossless files but some say they don't. Just get a CD, rip it in different formats and resolutions and let your ears be the judge of what you prefer the most. 

Dec 7, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #3,915 of 7,980
Quote:

The Clip is actually a VERY capable little source, so start buying CD's and ripping them to FLAC. You might want to add a larger micro SD to hold those bigger files 
smile.gif

When you're ready to pump some more cash into the chain, adding an amp to the Clip will benefit your 4.A's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back