The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 2, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #3,706 of 7,980
I use hydrogen peroxide before taking shower. I squeeze a few drops into my ears, directly from a 1$ bottle bought from a local drugstore. I wait for the fizz to subside. Then I shower, making sure to project hot water into my ear canals, so that the loosened wax can come out. My ear canals are now very clean, as several audiologists have confirmed over the past couple of years.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:54 AM Post #3,707 of 7,980
Quote:
I use hydrogen peroxide before taking shower. I squeeze a few drops into my ears, directly from a 1$ bottle bought from a local drugstore. I wait for the fizz to subside. Then I shower, making sure to project hot water into my ear canals, so that the loosened wax can come out. My ear canals are now very clean, as several audiologists have confirmed over the past couple of years.

With the size of your canals, I'm surprised you don't have issues with birds and stray animals accidentally wandering in there.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:34 PM Post #3,711 of 7,980
Hey guys, I m thinking of getting either Heir 8.A or Jh13/16, not sure which ones though.
What kind of portable source (either just a source, or source-lod-amp) would recommend for these? My limit is 400$ (dont care if new or preowned).
Also, can those of you with 8.A compare them to others CIEMs? I know it might be writen somewhere here, but reading almost 4000 posts..
confused_face(1).gif

Most of the time I listen to 70-90s rock/pop and blues.

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #3,712 of 7,980
Quote:
Hey guys, I m thinking of getting either Heir 8.A or Jh13/16, not sure which ones though.
What kind of portable source (either just a source, or source-lod-amp) would recommend for these? My limit is 400$ (dont care if new or preowned).
Also, can those of you with 8.A compare them to others CIEMs? I know it might be writen somewhere here, but reading almost 4000 posts..
confused_face(1).gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-iem-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-23-reviews-hidition-nt-6-pro-added-9-13-12 (for one of your questions). You should really learn to use the search bar though. That way, you don't have to read 4000 posts.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #3,713 of 7,980
Quote:
confused_face(1).gif

This button is your best friend...just click it and type in JH16, or JH13, and it will list all the posts that mention those terms. You don't need to read 4000 posts.

Dec 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #3,714 of 7,980
Quote:
Is the 8A worth the price of 1300usd? I'm really into this custom. I'm planning to order this pair in Dec or Jan.

As mentioned, you can get it for a lower price at the moment due to the sale. But I do think it is worth even the full $1299. I listen to the latest Audeze LCD-2 with an aftermarket cable on a really high end home setup, and I want to capture that experience on the go - the 8.A captures that sound more than any other custom I've heard. And it costs less than the LCD-2 setup.

Dec 2, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #3,715 of 7,980
Mine clocked in at $1400 during the promo period because I kept adding options, including the rush fee. Still consider them a good buy. As Project86 said, they sound like the LCD2, but I don't think they're as dark as those. Maybe a LCD2/HE500 hybrid is what they sound like, the best of both those full size orthos. But pocketable, easily driven and isolating. You won't look back.

Dec 2, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #3,716 of 7,980
Quote:
Y not order now? It is on 25% off

I really want to order now, but my budget is not enough now, too bad. I have owned a jh16 for 2 years. Do you guys think 8a is a good side-grade for my JH16?

If 8A is worth 1300usd, then I'm willing to buy for it. Is the mid of 8A recessed? And the treble is not very sparkle right?

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #3,717 of 7,980
Quote:
I really want to order now, but my budget is not enough now, too bad. I have owned a jh16 for 2 years. Do you guys think 8a is a good side-grade for my JH16?

If 8A is worth 1300usd, then I'm willing to buy for it. Is the mid of 8A recessed? And the treble is not very sparkle right?

I was afraid the treble may be dull but they are perfect.  Clean and sparkly but never bright or hot.  Great upgrade from my LCD2.1  Easily worth $1500.

Dec 2, 2012 at 9:36 PM Post #3,718 of 7,980
I know they're easy to drive, but does anyone have any recommendations for amps which pair well with the Heir 4.A? Particularly looking for something which can play at low volumes without channel imbalance as I'm very sensitive to loud volumes.

Dec 2, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #3,719 of 7,980
Quote:
I know they're easy to drive, but does anyone have any recommendations for amps which pair well with the Heir 4.A? Particularly looking for something which can play at low volumes without channel imbalance as I'm very sensitive to loud volumes.

For what it's worth, I use the 8a with a HotAudio DV-1.  It has a digital volume control that, if you push it in once, doubles as a balance control.  Unlike the TF-10, the QC on the Heir 8a is excellent and the balance (L to R) is pretty much spot-on.  I find that if the cIEM is properly inserted in my ear, using the amp with either the iPod or the Sansa Clip, even at low volumes, is right in terms of balance.  I do note that some recordings have L to R issues, no more noticible at low volumes than at moderate volumes.  The DV-1 is easily able to correct those with very slight adjustment.  It may be the digital volume control on the amp, and that I use an LOD on the iPod, or about 3/4 volume on the Clip.

I cannot correct for the "rise" at the end of many tracks on fade out.
wink_face.gif

Peter

edit: I do not know if he makes the HotAudio anymore.  Pity that more amps don't have a balance control.  I know that the Centrance HiFi M8 dose not have one planned as of now.  One of the RSA's (SR-71?) may have a balance control or dual volume pots???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back