The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Nov 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #2,957 of 7,980
Quote:
Need more "Heir Time"

Viva La Revolution

This is mine
biggrin.gif

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:43 AM Post #2,961 of 7,980
Postman just knocked my door 15mins ago with my 3.Ai. I straight put them into play and i was like WOW What... The soundstage is amazing for this ****.. great bass and very detail. This is tearing apart my previous lost iem westone um2 far away... 

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM Post #2,965 of 7,980
Quote:

+1

chav is like 'omg you're speaking rasta'... white people who wannabe black init.

us 'cockneys' on the other hand can speak the Queen's English but our accent betrays us... you've gotta live Heir to understand the little nuances (like you did).

To heir is human...

Nov 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM Post #2,966 of 7,980
Quote:
I've seen in the other thread that the new 4.Ai come with the new smaller otterbox, will the customs come with this new case? Thanks.

By default, customs will ship with the larger case. However, you can certainly request the smaller case upon ordering or even purchase a smaller case in addition to the larger case ($15).
 ​

Nov 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #2,970 of 7,980
Got 'em. After 9 weeks received my 4.A's. This is my first CIEM experience so didn't know what to expect. They really are beautiful in person. What is not apparent in the proofs is the Heir inlay is actually raised - it's three-dimensional. Build quality seems top notch all around and the Magnus cable is very well built and supple (for lack of better word). Only complaints about the Magnus are that for the price a) should have a better "zipper" than just a little plastic tube, and b) should have a shirt clip.

As for fit I think they're good, but hoo boy do they go deep. Right, right, right to the end and touching whatever is at the back of the canal. Is that to expected? Not uncomfortable per se assuming no external pressure against the CIEM. Strangely I had more trouble removing them than inserting. What an odd sensation. Isolation seems better than my Westones.

Sound I can't comment on yet as I have only listened for a short bit (Fink's new live disc which is a f'g miracle) and just off a prolonged session on a flight with Westone 4R's so not acclimated yet. Seems good, quite clear but perhaps a little more wooly than the Westone 4R's - could that be because they go so deep and don't have much room to breathe? Anyone who has been scared these are lean on bass need not worry. If it's in the recording it's in your ear. All sorts of it. Listened to Trentmoeller and it was ridiculous. Also curious if anyone knows the sensitivity spec on the 4.A. It must be very high. I would ballpark I need the iPhone volume about 1/3 less to achieve same level as my Westone 4R's.

PS. Tale of the shipping tape. Left Heir on Halloween and arrived on Tuesday so 1-week to Canada. Pretty amazing actually. And, a refreshing surprise - total customs/duties charge from UPS was "only" C$82. Was expecting like double that!

Yesterday morning I woke up thinking "I'm sure I'll hear from Heir this week re: proofs."  Checked e-mail and sure enough, there's my message from Sunny with proof shots of my 4.A's.  Original photo was a little murky so I corrected with Photoshop (hey, I'm a picky photographer - what can I say).  Here they are.  Loved the Amboyna when I first saw them on the 4.Ai and 3.Ai and most of the sample pics that caught my eye tended to be that wood.  Added the inlay to differentiate from the universals - if anyone can comment on the wood type I'm all ears.  Shells are Dark Smoke (although difficult to tell from the photos but Sunny confirmed for me).

Eagerly awaiting their arrival along with Magnus upgrade.  Just have to quell my nerves in the interim re: the Customs/duty/import hit and whether or not the fit is right.  Tick tock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back