The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Sep 23, 2012 at 11:44 AM Post #2,326 of 7,980
Quote:

if it's 'tracked' normally the max is seven days (most places it's 5-days), you can also do special-delivery which guarantees delivery by a set day... normal post is really down to the overseas country you send it to when things get delivered

be sure to mark the parcel as 'fragile'.

You seem to forget the custom there is a pain. I would assume Chinese custom is no different since they are both communist.

Better go with Fedex, UPS, DHL, or ParcelForce (personally I don't like ParcelForce though).

Sep 23, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #2,327 of 7,980
Thanks tranhieu, do you remember if you sent the package with airsure? Been checking online quickly and royalmail has the better pricing but I'm worried about wether my impressions will get there. Thanks.

Sep 23, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #2,330 of 7,980
Quote:
Thanks tranhieu, do you remember if you sent the package with airsure? Been checking online quickly and royalmail has the better pricing but I'm worried about wether my impressions will get there. Thanks.

They will get there eventually, the matter is how long, as people already mentioned in this thread Chinese custom sometimes hold the package longer than you can expect. With couriers the chance is less likely.

Impressions shrink over time, at faster speed if shore hardness is low.

Sep 24, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #2,335 of 7,980
Just had my impressions done. But I'm not sure if I want to use them, I forgot the guidelines I printed from heir too.
She didn't have any bite blocks and made a make shift one with paper towels.. I'll post pics later but wanted to hear peoples thoughts on whether to use them? Thanks.

Sep 24, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #2,340 of 7,980
Quote:

Here's acouple of photos. what do you reckon? A little worried about the blemish on the right.

Those are the ugliest CIEMs the Wizard has ever made! 
eek.gif

Joking apart ... Yeah, I don't like the blemish either. My audiologist here redid an impression for less than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back