The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Jun 23, 2012 at 7:03 AM Post #1,202 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm not willing to say how I think they sound yet simply because I think some of my failures at putting a earphone in my ear may have an effect on the sound (blame exam block). But so far I'm really enjoying them!

For how long do you let them sit in your ears before you fiddle with them?

For some, the IEM needs a minute or two after insertion to settle before it forms a tight seal. You won't even notice it happening.

The easiest way to tell if the seal is good is to pause your music and rub your fingertips next to your ear. If you can't hear it, or it sounds extremely faint, the seal is good. If it sounds of normal volume, you don't have a full seal.

My left ear seals around my 4.A on insertion, while my right ear needs a couple minutes. A few months ago, my right ear sealed on insertion and the left ear needed a couple minutes. I hadn't done anything to my ears or the IEMs in the interim, so I can't really explain how that happened.

Obviously, if the seal is never good, or wearing your customs is painful, you should contact Heir about it as soon as possible.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:02 AM Post #1,203 of 7,980
Quote:

For how long do you let them sit in your ears before you fiddle with them?

For some, the IEM needs a minute or two after insertion to settle before it forms a tight seal. You won't even notice it happening.

The easiest way to tell if the seal is good is to pause your music and rub your fingertips next to your ear. If you can't hear it, or it sounds extremely faint, the seal is good. If it sounds of normal volume, you don't have a full seal.

My left ear seals around my 4.A on insertion, while my right ear needs a couple minutes. A few months ago, my right ear sealed on insertion and the left ear needed a couple minutes. I hadn't done anything to my ears or the IEMs in the interim, so I can't really explain how that happened.

Obviously, if the seal is never good, or wearing your customs is painful, you should contact Heir about it as soon as possible.

Bolded the important points. Good advice. My Heir 6.A LE needs a few minutes to "settle", especially on the left side. 

Jun 25, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #1,207 of 7,980
Anyone manage to contact wizard or nancy recently? Because I've sent my payment a few days ago, and I've been trying contact either of them to confirm my payment, but they have not replied for 3-4 days already.

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #1,210 of 7,980
I'm thinking of having my UM2-R reshelled. Are the Hiers really only $70.00 base to reshell? I went tot their site and was messing around with the order form and came up with $145.00 total.
Can that be right? If so that is cheaper than cheap...
So I would be into it for a little over $200.00 with impressions...

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM Post #1,211 of 7,980
Quote:
I'm thinking of having my UM2-R reshelled. Are the Hiers really only $70.00 base to reshell? I went tot their site and was messing around with the order form and came up with $145.00 total.
Can that be right? If so that is cheaper than cheap...
So I would be into it for a little over $200.00 with impressions...

I believe the price is $170 for a reshell (without any extra customization) + $55 for shipping. I can't find it on the website any longer though.

Jun 26, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #1,212 of 7,980
Quote:
I believe the price is $170 for a reshell (without any extra customization) + $55 for shipping. I can't find it on the website any longer though.

So the $70.00 must be for Heirs you've already bought in the past that you're reshelling or sold and having redone. That makes sense.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:00 AM Post #1,213 of 7,980
Quote:
So the $70.00 must be for Heirs you've already bought in the past that you're reshelling or sold and having redone. That makes sense.

No, the $70 is to add the "ownership transfer service" to your purchase of Heir Audio CIEMs.
redface.gif

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #1,214 of 7,980
Quote:
No, the $70 is to add the "ownership transfer service" to your purchase of Heir Audio CIEMs.
redface.gif

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh.Gotcha. Add on policy.

Jun 26, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #1,215 of 7,980
Quote:
redface.gif

The ownership transfer service is part of the basic package, I believe, and $70 the price of a reshell using this ownership transfer service:

http://www.heiraudio.com/FAQ.html
CIEMs are custom made to each individual owner. Some people may be leery of purchasing a CIEM due to their limited resell value. We have decided to offer a limited “Owner Transfer Service” policy. If a person purchases an Heir Audio CIEM second hand, the second owner may have the product remolded to fit them for 70$. The product will be remolded into a “Standard” CIEM. (Standard = Acrylic shell, with matching acrylic face plate colors) All additional options are available to the second owner with additional fees. (remold) The Ownership Transfer Service can be extended two times for the life of a product. Each new owner is required to sign the back of the Original Ownership card.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back