The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Mar 29, 2012 at 4:09 AM Post #436 of 7,980

Quote:

That's a valid point if they're not into this sort of thing. However, if it's your own money, you should pretty much be able to buy what you want.

I totally agree. but they have the paypal, and i need to suffer. maybe i will transfer the money to a friend who has paypal and she will make the deal. i dont know. that so frustratin!!!!!! :MAD:

Mar 29, 2012 at 6:17 AM Post #437 of 7,980
Quote:
Since time-zone differences makes it really difficult to get a hold of the Wizard for an extended period of time, can anyone here tell me which carbon fibre option this is on the Heir audio order page? Or if it's even on there.

My guess is it's black carbon fiber. The the green dots you see are the shell underneath because the carbon fiber Heir uses for inlays have gaps between the weaves.

What you should do is point Wizard at this photo and ask.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #438 of 7,980

Quote:
Since time-zone differences makes it really difficult to get a hold of the Wizard for an extended period of time, can anyone here tell me which carbon fibre option this is on the Heir audio order page? Or if it's even on there.

these are actually mine. Its green and black multi-colour carbon fibre with dark teal green shell

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #439 of 7,980
Quote:
these are actually mine. Its green and black multi-colour carbon fibre with dark teal green shell

So where's your review, mate? 
biggrin.gif

Mar 29, 2012 at 7:58 PM Post #443 of 7,980
Quote:
My guess is it's black carbon fiber. The the green dots you see are the shell underneath because the carbon fiber Heir uses for inlays have gaps between the weaves.

Quote:

I guessed wrong and I stand corrected. Sorry.

Mar 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #447 of 7,980

Quote:
Don't worry. I've long been resigned myself to the fact that, on this little planet, only I never make any mistakes.

Sorry, it had to be done.

The glowing logo almost makes me wish I'd gone for something similar. Almost. I just love minimalism far too much. Though, I think if I ever do decide to upgrade past these or if I ever need to get them re-shelled, I'll look into something along the lines of clear acrylic with a dark wood top. Maybe a laser-etched logo?

If anyone can't decide what to do, feel free to use that idea.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #448 of 7,980

Quote:

And this looks like brushed aluminum faceplates with laser-cut holes over mirror. 
eek.gif

Yeah I drooled at it for a few minutes. These shoud come along with "When you see it..." meme. It took me a while to figure out that artwork is cut in aluminium. I'm not sure about the mirror thing I just think that it's filled with transculent black acrylic the same as a shell. It's amazing anyways

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #449 of 7,980
Yeah, I don't see a mirror behind the aluminum on that example.

However if I end up getting the 6.A or 8.A, I'll probably go with a mirror-finish chrome plate with a brushed aluminum overlay, the Heir logo laser cut in the aluminum to give it a subtle two-tone effect. That was one of the possibilities my brother considered for his.

Mar 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #450 of 7,980
Quote:

Don't worry. I've long been resigned myself to the fact that, on this little planet, only I never make any mistakes.

Sorry, it had to be done.

Both "to be resigned to" and "to resign oneself to" are correct, according to the Oxford Dictionary:

Quote (Concise Oxford):
(be resigned or resign oneself to) accept that something undesirable cannot be avoided. 

Quote (Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary):
He was resigned to never seeing his birthplace again. 

As for the "any," it is used for emphasis (i.e. "not even one mistake").

Therefore, my shining perfection stays unmarred.

The glowing logo almost makes me wish I'd gone for something similar. Almost. I just love minimalism far too much. 

Your dark, ghostly pair does look great.

Quote:
That first picture is similar to the concept my brother and Wizard came up with together. His will have laser-cut aluminum faceplates over glow-in-the-dark shells so that the Heir logo is phosphorescent.

Me wanna see!

Yeah, I don't see a mirror behind the aluminum on that example.

The Wizard confirmed that there's no mirror behind the aluminum. 
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back