The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Feb 8, 2012 at 1:57 PM Post #122 of 7,980
Pretty much exactly the same timeline, but no response yet :frowning2:.

Hoping soon!

Quote:
Heir emailed me a notification early this morning that my 4.A was in shipment.

So here's the timeline:
Order filed Dec 31
Ear moulds shipped Jan 4
FedEx reports ear moulds package received Jan 9
Heir confirms receipt of package Jan 14
[Lunar New Year: Jan 23]
Heir ships cIEMs Feb 7

Pretty good turnaround, considering the holiday. Shipping to China and back will have taken almost as big a chunk of time as fabrication, assuming Heir was closed for the week around CNY.

More opinions when the package arrives.

Feb 9, 2012 at 4:08 AM Post #125 of 7,980
Yes I did get an email confirming impressions were received around 29th December but nothing since.  Just wondering if they receive too many emails and mine is always going to the bottom of the pile! Just a little frustrating hearing others getting theirs(happy for them of course) having made orders a lot later than me. It's a bit like waiting for a table in a restaurant and someone coming in later gets a table first. :p

Feb 9, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #127 of 7,980
I got 8.a's so had the carbon plates included and some glitter just to be different! So nothing that other 8.a's haven't got. Never mind i have some acs t1's to keep me going for now 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 11:59 PM Post #129 of 7,980
My 4A arrived this afternoon. 

Fit and finish is superb. The acrylic is uniformly tinted and smoothly polished.  I can chew without breaking the seal. Testament to good impressions as well as good shaping.

Complete isolation - I cannot hear my "clacky" mechanical keyboard with them fitted and music playing at 35% volume.

The cables plug  into the ports firmly.  The braided cable finish is nice and appears to resist twisting.

Sound is balanced - none of the bass bloat that I was dreading. Bass is "tight" with good impact. 

My thanks to the other fellows who posted that the 4A would be a neutral CIEM.  And thanks to the OP (project86) who brought the brand to my attention.

My first CIEM - I wish I had purchased a pair earlier!  This is going to make airport transfers & flights so much more enjoyable.

4 weeks from sending the impressions ex Sydney to receiving the CIEM.
beerchug.gif

Feb 10, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #130 of 7,980
Congrats MultiplexMan! As a fellow 4.A owner, I look forward to reading your review once you're settled in. Also post pictures, can't wait to see what they look like!

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:49 PM Post #133 of 7,980
Heir is really tempting
wink.gif
, btw. has anybody from the EU ordered this?, just curious about the customs fee!! I can barely manage the cost for the 4As but don't have enough to pay an insane customs fee/vat!

Feb 10, 2012 at 3:52 PM Post #134 of 7,980
As Heir is located in China you will have to pay customs when ordering from the EU. Not sure about the rules in Germany, but here it's the moms (VAT) at 25% + a fee + a percentage depending on the type of goods ordered. 

Not many options for Europeans who do not want to pay taxes. All I can think of is Spiral Ear and ACS, but I'm sure there are others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back