The Wire Headphone Amplifier
Dec 1, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #61 of 102
Thanks Brunk, no way to avoid that additional shipping..and misc. expenses then!

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #62 of 102
Heads up for you guys that ordered the PSU board. There has been a BOM revision.

From OPC:
 Hi Guys,

I reviewed the BOM and the schematic for the PSU this evening, and found that there was indeed an error in the BOM and schematic with the reference designators for the noise bypass caps, and the output bypass caps.

I have fixed both the BOM and schematic for the PSU, and reviewed it several times to make sure there were no other errors.

Jim:

My sincere apologies on this one. I usually like to reward early builders, but in this case I definitely set you back. Hopefully you can get those caps off and back where they belong on the 0805 pads.

Let me know if you have any issues, and if you need some replacement caps or a new board, I can send some your way.

Hopefully you can get it fixed.

Regards,
Owen

Dec 6, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #63 of 102
is there any site sell these as a kit? I'm too lazy to order the parts separately 
frown.gif

Dec 6, 2013 at 1:27 AM Post #64 of 102
Nope. Welcome to the world of DIY! OPC just sells the boards and you have to source the parts from either Mouser or Digikey.

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #65 of 102
  Heads up for you guys that ordered the PSU board. There has been a BOM revision.

From OPC:

Thanks Brunk. I am yet to order the components, thought will do that after I receive my boards and the christmas rush! Now  happy about my decision :wink:

Dec 13, 2013 at 5:43 PM Post #66 of 102

Thanks Brunk. I am yet to order the components, thought will do that after I receive my boards and the christmas rush! Now  happy about my decision :wink:

You're welcome! It's too bad DiyAudio has a finite time limit on editing posts, else there would be no confusion since all the updated would be on the first page. I'm still anxiously awaiting the arrival of my boards. I have all the other parts ready to go!

Dec 14, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #67 of 102
Boards have arrived! Very nice quality.

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #68 of 102
They look gorgeous, still waiting for mine. Looking forward to your build updates on this thread :).

Dec 18, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #69 of 102
Just wanted to give a friendly update that I'll be building and hopefully finishing the BAL-BAL and PSU today :)

For those just now reading, the updated PSU BOM and FFT measurement can be found here

I can see myself ordering a few of the PSU boards for various projects, the measurements are quite remarkable!

Dec 18, 2013 at 4:35 PM Post #70 of 102
Dec 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #71 of 102
  I assume OPC was able to get the mods to update the bom linked on page 15/post 144?  I know he referenced a further psu bom update on 11/26, page 22/post 216: http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/vendors-bazaar/237152-wire-official-boards-all-projects-available-here-bal-bal-se-se-lpuhp-22.html

Do you know if all the bom links are consistent now brunk?

That google doc is the correct PSU BOM, and is better than the PDF since it has optional resistor values for varying voltage. The build wiki and first page is still out of date because I dont think diyaudio has infinite time limit on editing posts for some odd reason.

Dec 18, 2013 at 6:17 PM Post #73 of 102
  Thanks brunk!

No problem! If this amp turns out to be a winner, then I'm going to invest in dual mono PSU and order a few extra PSU boards 
biggrin.gif

I also went with a 15va with secondaries capable of 500ma, same Amveco brand OPC recommends. That way I can run the HE-6 or other hungry cans off it. Heck, I might even implement a funky gain switch lol. Not sure how bad it would affect performance though, as it seems even connectors make a measurable difference.

EDIT: Oh by the way, I am going to bypass the two rear connectors and drill a hole in chassis just underneath where the signal input goes to avoid RFI on the lines, and less crap the signal has to go through :)

Jan 6, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #75 of 102
Wishing folks on this thread, a very Happy New Year! I have received my boards as well!

How's your build coming up Brunk?

Btw, would greatly appreciate if you could share your BOM from Digikey or Mouser project manager. I still haven't gotten around to deciding on the additional components required other than the ones in the BOM (this is my first non-kit build). Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back