The Village Headphone Meet 2012 (Southern California) - Sunday, April 22, 2012
Apr 11, 2012 at 4:44 PM Post #61 of 129
If I am not working I will be there. An amazing Studio! Legendary building. Would love to catch up and meet some Internet friends.
If I make it. I will be bringing:
LCD-3
SR71-B
Ibasso Balanced DAC
Algorhythm
240 GB mod Classic.

Can not wait to try the RXMKIII :)

Apr 11, 2012 at 5:11 PM Post #62 of 129

Quote:
i am planning to attend, though, i haven't decided whether i'll bring gear. 

*cough* DAC *cough* (EC Amp maybe?)  

I'll bring you brownies chock full of high frustose corn syrup! 
tongue_smile.gif

Apr 11, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #63 of 129
RSVP'd for me and the girlfriend.

Never been to a meet before so I'm really excited for this.  Any idea how many people will turn out?

Any new details on the after party?  The venue looks incredible.

Not sure if I will bring any gear...maybe if someone is interested in something I have:

Headphones: Senn HD650, Grado SR80, Senn HD595, Senn PX100
DACs: Fubar II, Spitfire MkII, DACMagic
Amps:  Headroom portable, Little Dot MkIII

Let me know!

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #64 of 129
Anyone interested in hearing a Beyerdynamic Dt770/80 and a Fiio E17?

Also I have to ask if anyone can bring their Hifiman HE-500, I'm very interested in hearing it, if i do intend to go.  

Quote:
RSVP'd for me and the girlfriend.

Never been to a meet before so I'm really excited for this.  Any idea how many people will turn out?

Any new details on the after party?  The venue looks incredible.

Not sure if I will bring any gear...maybe if someone is interested in something I have:

Headphones: Senn HD650, Grado SR80, Senn HD595, Senn PX100
DACs: Fubar II, Spitfire MkII, DACMagic
Amps:  Headroom portable, Little Dot MkIII

Let me know!

I am very interested with the Senn HD650 if I do end up going.  

Apr 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #65 of 129
I'm actually interested in testing if I can output from my HP Touchpad to the E17 so I can make a portable reference rig.

Kojaku

Apr 15, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #66 of 129
Has anyone had a chance to check out the facility in terms of availability of power?  Do I need to bring a long extension cord (my power thingie only has a 1 meter cord)?

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #67 of 129
Is there an equipment list? I would like to listen to a 009 with 727. My Thunderpants are ready so that will gives us two pairs at the meet.

Apr 15, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #68 of 129
Quote:
Has anyone had a chance to check out the facility in terms of availability of power?  Do I need to bring a long extension cord (my power thingie only has a 1 meter cord)?

Unless I find out otherwise (or unless Alex posts otherwise), I'd assume that it would probably be a good idea to bring things like power strips and extension cords.

Apr 15, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #69 of 129
Is there an equipment list? I would like to listen to a 009 with 727. My Thunderpants are ready so that will gives us two pairs at the meet.

What pads do you have? Also, just because I'm curious, what did Tyll say about your TP's compared to the originals?

Kojaku

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:34 PM Post #70 of 129
I live quite close by to the meet and would love to go...but is there an age requirement?

Apr 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #71 of 129
Are we allowed to try other people's gear with others? 

I want to hear the HD650 with someone's Lyr and Bitfrost (Well Jason will be there actually) Never been to a meet before. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #72 of 129

I want to hear the HD650 with someone's Lyr and Bitfrost (Well Jason will be there actually) Never been to a meet before. 

I dunno about everyone else, but I know I personally am never opposed to sharing my equipment. Although I will probably be taking my porta-reference rig around with me (assuming it's all assembled by then (HP Touchpad w/ALACs through DoubleTwist> FiiO E17 at 24/96>TTVJ Slim>Headphone of choice). I'll probably leave my Cabillas 225i's and my TP1's with LCD-2 pads at a table or with a trustworthy company. I'm mostly testing my rig with possible future purchases, not so much testing my current arsenal of cans with other setups.

Kojaku

Apr 16, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #73 of 129

Quote:

Ask first, but usually you can try your stuff on other peoples equipment and their stuff on yours.  Just be respectfull of everyone's concerns.  I usually hover around my equipment for bit to answer questions and then go off and listen to everyone else's setups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back