The Village Headphone Meet 2012 (Southern California) - Sunday, April 22, 2012
Apr 6, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #16 of 129
If y'all can bring a working prototype Mjolnir and a balanced cable for HD 800s, I for one will extend you a warm welcome.

Apr 6, 2012 at 10:33 PM Post #18 of 129
sweet! I'm going to try to come to this event (finally socal!), ill bring my Signature Pros & D7000s.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:21 AM Post #19 of 129
Signed up for three including Anaxilus and LFF. 70% chance I will be there, but I need to check my work schedule. Not sure what I will bring.

Apr 7, 2012 at 12:25 AM Post #20 of 129
I already RSVP'd. I'll bring my new Quilted Sapele TPs (The newest batch) and my woodied SR225i (Tyll Hersten's articles about them are posted below). For those wondering about the sound of the TTVJ Slim, I'll bring that as well.

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/last-call-diy-cans-heres-latest-nick-ns-killer-grado-sr225i
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/grado-diy-project-starving-student-audiophile-gives-new-meaning-music

Kojaku

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:05 AM Post #21 of 129
How uhm.... friendly is this type of meetings to starting or potential enthusiasts?  I'm still in the Philippines myself though my living address in the US is in Los Angeles.  I saw this topic and linked it to a friend of mine whom I've been talking about this sort of thing to.  I figured it'd be a nice experience for him.  Would it be alright?  You could say this person would go in my stead, though if I was still in the US I'd go there myself along with my friend too.  (He doesn't have an account but he'll probably make one and post)  He and me if I were to come, don't have anything to bring though so hopefully that's alright.

Apr 7, 2012 at 5:45 AM Post #22 of 129
Oh man, you guys are so fortunate to have proactive audio companies organising events like this. 

Over the pond it's a devil of a job to get manufacturers to even attend our yearly Head-Fi Meet, let alone arrange such a fantastic event. 

How about V-Moda flying me in as your European cousin? 
L3000.gif

Have a great time!

Andy. 

Apr 7, 2012 at 3:09 PM Post #23 of 129
Oh man, this is up near me... I really wanna go!

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #24 of 129
If there's enough interest, I can bring my Balancing Act and m903 along with some cans. I live less than 10 minutes away without traffic so it's not a big deal.

Apr 7, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #25 of 129

Quote:
If there's enough interest, I can bring my Balancing Act and m903 along with some cans. I live less than 10 minutes away without traffic so it's not a big deal.

That would be great.

Apr 7, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #26 of 129
I asked the host if I could attend and bring my new Stratus amplifier. Mark from Audeze said bring it on over...
smily_headphones1.gif
RSVP done.

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #27 of 129

Quote:

Excellent idea; and thanks, everybody, for the heads up on a SoCal meet-up.  Can't attend myself due to schedule conflicts---I'm on a Church music team in the San Francisco, CA, USA, Bay Area---but I will read any reviews that come out of the meet, as perhaps out of the reviews I'll find reasonable replacements for my failing Corsair® HS-1A's, which, I found, packed WAY too light cable from the outset (wires breaking in the immediate area of the left-earcup strain relief).

(See also "Need help narrowing search for headset for Asus XONAR".)

Apr 7, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #28 of 129
Jesus effing Christ, I really want to go. I would've brought my T5p, FA-003 (for those who haven't heard it), and PS1000. I'm not sure if you all know, but the "V-Moda fortress" mentioned is an extremely famous mansion, home to decades of Hollywood film time and afterparties. I was not aware that you had bought it, Val. Am I out of the loop?

Apr 8, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #29 of 129
RSVP'd for me plus 2.  Not 100% sure I can go yet but I'm gonna try my hardest. :)  I'll bring the Accuphase and Orpheus if I go.

Apr 8, 2012 at 1:43 AM Post #30 of 129
V-Moda fortress huh.. sounds cool 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back