The Video Game Music Thread
Jul 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM Post #91 of 140
Most of Square/Squenix's soundtracks are wonderful. I think in particular I like FFXIII-2's soundtrack, which was nice considering I wasn't a huge fan of the game. Ultimately though, Journey's soundtrack just gets to me, though. 

Jul 20, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #94 of 140
Quote:
Most of Square/Squenix's soundtracks are wonderful. I think in particular I like FFXIII-2's soundtrack, which was nice considering I wasn't a huge fan of the game. Ultimately though, Journey's soundtrack just gets to me, though.

I love square music, and Journey's soundtrack is beautiful.

Jul 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #95 of 140
If anyone likes old RPGs, here's the soundtrack to and final battle of Earthbound.

It ranges from ambient, to oddly upbeat, to aggressive, then finally to absolute terror. Give it a spin.

Jul 24, 2013 at 6:21 AM Post #98 of 140
Awesome :p

There is also another track you might like from the game, which is yet to be officially released:

I've been collecting VG OSTs since later 2002.

I wish this was a better quality, but I remember the Dante's Theater in Rainbow Six Vegas 2 so vividly, going through the level eliminating enemies with this playing in the background, it was magical.

Nostalgia, Deus Ex is still my favorite videogame of all time.

The movie might'a been cheesy, but the intro was awesome with TomAndAndy's theme, doesn't qualify as a VG music, but considering the flick's a branch of the game, I thought you might like this.

I call this the speakers destroyer, it's so freaking heavy and awesome, even your train rides will be epic.

Sep 25, 2013 at 4:17 AM Post #99 of 140
I really should have watched the unveiling trailer before it quickly became old news. THIS is how you make a comeback for a franchise known for awesome soundtracks.

While we're on the note of Guilty Gear, here's a piece you probably didn't know was actually from that series due to some other infamous game borrowing it:

Sep 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #100 of 140
I can't believe I only just now found this. My favorite game sound tracks by far are battlefield bad company 1 & 2. Snowy mountain (cold war loading music) is awesome as are most the others. Wish they had music during loading in bf3 instead of the stupid Cadences...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back