The upcoming MD/VA/DC area meet is Sat, Oct 2 at 1:00 PM!!
Sep 24, 2004 at 9:37 PM Post #46 of 60
Meech, If you can drive halfway I can give you a ride from my place in Philly. It's right off I-95.

Quote:

Originally Posted by meech
Still lookin' for a ride,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,PLEEZE !!!!!
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Sep 24, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #47 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canman
Meech, If you can drive halfway I can give you a ride from my place in Philly. It's right off I-95.

Thanks a lot Canman, I really do appreciate the offer. Unfortunately, it kinda defeats the purpose for me to rent a car just to drive half way. I'm trying to avoid renting a car if it's possible because I know it's going to end up costing me over $100 once it's all over with (gas, parking, insurance, etc.) If I can get a ride with someone I'd be willing to help out with gas and tolls. I'll even split the driving but I'm really trying to avoid renting a car.

Thanks anyway.
biggrin.gif

Sep 27, 2004 at 2:59 AM Post #49 of 60
Hello everyone. I am considering making the fairly lengthy drive to MD from TN. (8-10 hours)
However I don't really have the funds to afford a hotel room.
So I was wondering if any of you would be open to the possibility of me sleeping on your couch. (Or even just some floor space as I have an Aero bed)
If any of you are interested in helping me out please post here or send me a PM. (The sooner the better so I can make arrangements...)
Oh and in case you are worried I can provide chracter witnesses.
icon10.gif
(I think most of the guys from the Nashville meet will vouch for me being a decent guy!
tongue.gif
)
Oh and if it makes a difference I am a 20 year old male. Well groomed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:45 PM Post #52 of 60
I might be able to go as well, but all I have with me so far is a pair of V6's, and still waiting for the Shure E2's to come in the mail. I'm still working out on the whole, "need to bum a ride from somebody else," problem. Anybody coming from Baltimore?

Sep 28, 2004 at 5:57 PM Post #53 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
Hello everyone. I am considering making the fairly lengthy drive to MD from TN. (8-10 hours)
However I don't really have the funds to afford a hotel room.
So I was wondering if any of you would be open to the possibility of me sleeping on your couch. (Or even just some floor space as I have an Aero bed)
If any of you are interested in helping me out please post here or send me a PM. (The sooner the better so I can make arrangements...)
Oh and in case you are worried I can provide chracter witnesses.
icon10.gif
(I think most of the guys from the Nashville meet will vouch for me being a decent guy!
tongue.gif
)
Oh and if it makes a difference I am a 20 year old male. Well groomed.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyone?

Sep 28, 2004 at 8:34 PM Post #54 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by phil2dot6
I might be able to go as well, but all I have with me so far is a pair of V6's, and still waiting for the Shure E2's to come in the mail. I'm still working out on the whole, "need to bum a ride from somebody else," problem. Anybody coming from Baltimore?

I am coming from B'more but I don't know when. PM me and maybe we can work something out. I'm subject to parenting my 2 kids while my wife is studying for school on Saturday so I won't have an answer as to when I'm going until that morning. Most likely it will be early afternoon but who knows.
rolleyes.gif

As for you Ph34rful, sorry but I have enough trouble keeping the ol' lady accepting my hi-fi addiction. An overnighter is just too much to ask in this stage of my marriage. Good luck.

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #56 of 60
A last minute request. Ray Samuels has asked if anyone is bringing a turntable to the meet. So far no one is. If there is a turntable there he might bring a phono premap with him.

So if you'd like to hear one of Ray's preamps at the meet, let us know if you can bring a turntable with you.

Thanks

(*gee* I'm so excited!)

smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 1, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #58 of 60
Do I need to bring my HD650s w/Silver Dragon? Also I think I'll leave my HR-2 at home since Ray is bringing his. (Though maybe I'll bring some different op-amps?) (Ray can you please bring your tweezers?) Though I can bring my HR-2 if it is needed. Also I will bring my Benchmark DAC-1 and Bel Canto DAC-2. (These are new to me and in mint condition, so I am extra picky!) So I will warn all of you now! I am very anal about my equipment! So be prepared.
smily_headphones1.gif

Hopefully someone has a source I can use for these 2 very fine DACs. (Normally I use my computer but I am not bringing it.) I can also bring my Headphile BlackCoral ICs and 2 Quail power cables. I ordered a high quality glass optical but unfortunately it has not arrived yet. (So I will probably bring one of my regular opticals) I can also bring a Go Vibe if anyone is interested? I think I have my Senn HD280 around here somewhere also.

If someone could bring a USB Soundcard (drivers?) that would be cool cause I will have my laptop. (I sold my Sonica before I got my DACs
frown.gif
)

Hmm that's all I can think of right now.

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #59 of 60
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ph34rful
Do I need to bring my HD650s w/Silver Dragon?

I've got 650's with the Silver Dragon. I'll also bring some players, and can bring a glass optical cable if wanted.

Oct 1, 2004 at 3:35 PM Post #60 of 60
Un-freaking believable! Everything was going perfectly smooth this morning as I was getting ready to leave. (This is rare for me)
So I went to call my parents to let them know I was going to be out of town.

And apparently my Mother is having some sort of surgery tomorrow! It's supposed to be minor.
But my parents seemed absolutely appalled that I would even consider going out of town on a "pleasure" trip while this is going on.
Ugg!

I really wish my parents would inform me of these things at least a few days before! Arrr.
So anyway enough of me venting. So, sorry guys.
It looks like I won't be making it this time.
frown.gif
Hopefully next time? (If you guys aren't too mad at me)

Think of me while you guys are having a great time and I am sitting in the hospital waiting room!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back