The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jan 6, 2017 at 2:37 PM Post #1,112 of 1,222
I honestly hope that T3 will have an amazing SQ and that will be it's strength 
biggrin.gif

One thing that it might be able to do is sound effects and enhancements. 

If T3 will run Android, and have one of the best transport sounds, it will be worth it's while! 

Jan 6, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #1,115 of 1,222

Well, which is it, that you want? 
tongue.gif

I thought that T3 will only be a transport, best SQ as a transport 
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

Some people say that there's a high difference in SQ between transports 
evil_smiley.gif

LOL - no, I meant sound effects and so-called 'enhancements' are in the opposite direction of sound quality, so you need to decide which you want
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 6, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #1,116 of 1,222

LOL - no, I meant sound effects and so-called 'enhancements' are in the opposite direction of sound quality, so you need to decide which you want
tongue_smile.gif

Ah... 

I'm a believer that best sound quality is what sounds best to the ears - especially when most headphones reproduce sound badly compared to the original idea of music. 

With ie800 - I'm good with no enhancements, want that pure sound but with other headphones I actually prefer the sound with enhancements, the headphones need some equalisation to sound correct. 

Either way, it's having the option to choice in the device what I appreciate most. If I can chose what to do after owning the device - that is where the best stuff is. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #1,117 of 1,222
FiiO, surely you've noticed the commotion the Chord Poly has stirred on Head Fi. Rest assured that if you produce the T3 transport at a reasonable cost that there would be many who would line up to purchase one. There is a market for it. Hint hint.

Jan 7, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #1,118 of 1,222
Yes a bitperfect TRANSPORT could fill a huge gap in the market, especially when it's affordable. A good source should be the basis for people to explore portable hifi as a step up to smartphones. Have people fiddle around and swap with (FiiO) amp/dac sections as they please, we need a good an reliable transport with stable interface. There have been a lot of people here willing to work with you on a T3, which could basically be the heart of every mobile rig for those who don't mind a little stack - most of us don't - so please GO FOR IT!

Jan 7, 2017 at 5:12 AM Post #1,119 of 1,222
I was personally waiting for the T3. I have my dac/amp coming this week. It's sad to hear no news on the subject. The T3 was the only product I could consider from Fiio.
Well, will have to use my current DAP as a transport via otg instead.

Jan 7, 2017 at 8:05 AM Post #1,120 of 1,222

LOL - no, I meant sound effects and so-called 'enhancements' are in the opposite direction of sound quality, so you need to decide which you want :tongue_smile:

Ah... 

I'm a believer that best sound quality is what sounds best to the ears - especially when most headphones reproduce sound badly compared to the original idea of music. 

With ie800 - I'm good with no enhancements, want that pure sound but with other headphones I actually prefer the sound with enhancements, the headphones need some equalisation to sound correct. 

Either way, it's having the option to choice in the device what I appreciate most. If I can chose what to do after owning the device - that is where the best stuff is. 

George, you are missing the point of a digital transport.

It should output only the bits that are stored in the file being played.

No upsampling/oversampling.

No EQ.

No enhancements.

Just the raw bits.

All those other things are the province of the DAC and/or the amp.

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:28 AM Post #1,121 of 1,222
George, you are missing the point of a digital transport.

It should output only the bits that are stored in the file being played.

No upsampling/oversampling.

No EQ.

No enhancements.

Just the raw bits.

All those other things are the province of the DAC and/or the amp.

Digital processing would be way cleaner than adding DAC or AMP based distortion... Digital processing can be done with least degradation of the signal - for example EQ effects. 

Now, if we could pick between bit perfect or DSP, why not have the option there? I have the need for EQ with some headphones because the headphones themselves don't sound neutral nor natural. 

Jan 7, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #1,122 of 1,222
I am interested in cheap bit perfect transport having all three digital outputs . a big storage and good battery life would be bonus. why to have features which would only add to cost. remember t3 is supposed to be transport first.

Jan 12, 2017 at 6:51 AM Post #1,123 of 1,222
@JamesFiiO :
With CES and other events I was thinking you would chime in later to clarifying the feasibility of the T3. As you're actively responding to questions on other Head-Fi threads and not leaving any comments here, can we simply assume the T3 will not be developed any longer or at best delayed until further notice?

Looking for a new dap or transport + amp/dac I'd really like to know whether it's worth waiting for or just move along the lines of the DAPs available now and the many that are launched in the coming weeks.

Jan 12, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #1,125 of 1,222
@JamesFiiO :
With CES and other events I was thinking you would chime in later to clarifying the feasibility of the T3. As you're actively responding to questions on other Head-Fi threads and not leaving any comments here, can we simply assume the T3 will not be developed any longer or at best delayed until further notice?

Looking for a new dap or transport + amp/dac I'd really like to know whether it's worth waiting for or just move along the lines of the DAPs available now and the many that are launched in the coming weeks.

Agreed ... it's pretty disrespectful to ignore the thread for six months 
frown.gif

I'm beginning to lose interest in FiiO's offerings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back