The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Jan 14, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #1,142 of 1,222
I think it's probably a tough sell to whoever is running the ship.

The main problem might be the number of potential customers. 

I love stacks but not everyone agrees with me 
biggrin.gif

FiiO X3ii can be used as one of the best transports at this moment, and so can FiiO X5ii - we still have some options, don't we? 
beyersmile.png

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:23 PM Post #1,145 of 1,222
... we still have some options, don't we? 
beyersmile.png

not with large storage capacity.

No 1 in the original list of features was up to 1TB storage.

Well I can already have that on my modified 5th gen iPod, but the best available on 'modern' daps is 512 GB via 2 x microSD.

I'd rather not have to stack devices but I'll take that inconvenience over having to select parts of my library to take on a portable rig.

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:14 AM Post #1,147 of 1,222

not with large storage capacity.

No 1 in the original list of features was up to 1TB storage.

Well I can already have that on my modified 5th gen iPod, but the best available on 'modern' daps is 512 GB via 2 x microSD.

I'd rather not have to stack devices but I'll take that inconvenience over having to select parts of my library to take on a portable rig.

I have to agree here, current portable solutions to go beyond 576Gb are basically non existent.
But surely the market for high capacity is very small, despite all the hi-res marketing rage.

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #1,148 of 1,222
Awesome would be a player where one could put in a small ssd.
I believe someone already did this, but I forgot what its name was. What I remember though is that it was very expensive.

1 TB msata ssd is cheaper than 2 512gb full size sd cards.

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:55 AM Post #1,149 of 1,222
Awesome would be a player where one could put in a small ssd.
I believe someone already did this, but I forgot what its name was. What I remember though is that it was very expensive.

1 TB msata ssd is cheaper than 2 512gb full size sd cards.

iPod classics can accomodate 1,8" SSD as far as I remember.

Jan 15, 2017 at 6:38 PM Post #1,151 of 1,222
I have to agree here, current portable solutions to go beyond 576Gb are basically non existent.
But surely the market for high capacity is very small, despite all the hi-res marketing rage.

I suspect you are right. There is great enthusiasm in Head-Fi for DAPs with TB storage capacities but the general market is probably content with much less.

Given that there is some demand however, I would have thought it worthwhile for a manufacturer to design a device capable of taking two SD cards. I'm sure the capacity available would attract more purchasers than the slightly increased size would deter.

Jan 16, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #1,152 of 1,222
sorry for everyone who support our T3 in the past. as you may know thing change quite fast than we expect, now we have 2 issues in T3.

1, The kickstarters and indiegogo is not easy to us cause we have not enough resource to arrange it .  another option is work with 3rd partner but they charge very high cost . so the problem is we don't know how many people will like to support this project. 

also consider that we have X5 3rd which also meet most features of T3.

2, We still have a new project which may suitable to replace T3, which is based Android system but it can't supports any other APPs, not Wifi, but supports ATPX,  touch screen , but only supports one Micro SD card, slim design, long battery life. so it is still 

good option for T3 too.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jan 16, 2017 at 4:38 AM Post #1,153 of 1,222
2, We still have a new project which may suitable to replace T3, which is based Android system but it can't supports any other APPs, not Wifi, but supports ATPX,  touch screen , but only supports one Micro SD card, slim design, long battery life. so it is still 

good option for T3 too.

No. You are still missing the point. The number one requirement for this transport is LARGE STORAGE.

Micro SD is inadequate and at the same time too expensive.

So it seems this dream really is dead.

Jan 16, 2017 at 7:34 AM Post #1,154 of 1,222
sorry for everyone who support our T3 in the past. as you may know thing change quite fast than we expect, now we have 2 issues in T3.

1, The kickstarters and indiegogo is not easy to us cause we have not enough resource to arrange it .  another option is work with 3rd partner but they charge very high cost . so the problem is we don't know how many people will like to support this project. 

also consider that we have X5 3rd which also meet most features of T3.

good option for T3 too.

If you just took the X5 III and produced a version with two full-size SD cards you'd have something that would address the transport market here. The engineering involved is literally no more involved than making the thing slightly bigger.

Anything with a single micro-SD card is missing the point. It isn't an option in place of the T3 AT ALL.

NOBODY that wants a high-capacity transport is going to even give your new project a second look, and the market is awash in players with one slot.

Such a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back