The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Feb 24, 2017 at 6:43 PM Post #1,171 of 1,222
I mostly regard streaming as platform to discover music rather than pure music listening. When I hear new albums from an artist I follow, I'd listen to it first on Spotify then decide whether to buy a good FLAC copy of it or not. Also, searching for albums based on random recommendation from people is a breeze to do. Must say, that last aspect alone make it worth it to have a device that's capable of streaming, which is why I love the package that is X5 III.

I was just turned onto this thread and leafed through it quickly.  Most of my family subscribe to some kind of streaming audio service.  The problem I have is even on channels with genres I like I only hear songs I actually want to listen to occasionally.  Paying a subscription fee in the hope of hearing a song I like once in awhile seems like a waste of time and money to me.  With my DAP I have thousands of songs I actually like to hear.  

Feb 24, 2017 at 6:47 PM Post #1,172 of 1,222
I think timing is everything and if a transport device like this came out a few years ago it might have had a shot.  Now with storage capacities being so large and getting cheaper everyday it seems to be a stillborn idea.

Given my listening habits a device like this would be perfect for me but I am clearly in the minority at this point in time.

Mar 2, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #1,173 of 1,222
It depends on your listening time and active search for a new song to justify your spending on it each month really, me, I listen to hours of music everyday and likes to hear what songs others recommend from forum like this so I can get what the author actually talk about, from my own source from my own hearing and opinions, that is the greatest aspect of streaming that I like, easy searching and sharing of music. That, for me is a good enough reason to spent money on.

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,176 of 1,222
Honestly, if @JamesFiiO can make this product to include a stacking kit and all the required cables, this would be an epic product to fill the needs for people who don't want to spend a ton of money on another DAP if they're only planning on using it with an external DAC

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,177 of 1,222
  Dear all, please be informed that the T3 has been changed to another product. We have made some changes on the product positioning and product line based on our market research. And the new product is currently under development. We will publish more information when its design is finalized.
Sorry for keeping you waiting

Thanks!
Do you have any update of it? just a peek =P

Mar 9, 2017 at 11:38 AM Post #1,178 of 1,222
Imagine if it had a stacking kit just like the one for X5 2nd gen. And remote control from a smartphone.

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #1,183 of 1,222
Im expecting some higher SQ, at least the X5iii dual dac, better battery life and great storage options like the X5iii

That would be a mistake IMO. I don't feel that this device should be created with the intention to sonically surpass or be equal to the X5. That would increase the cost. I think the point of this device is to have perfectly adequate sound quality as a standalone, but the main benefit being that it is a fast, high quality transport for use with external DACs. Those of us who use external DACs have to use existing players or our phones. There are no stacking kits for phones, nor do they have dual storage slots. Likewise, what's the point in paying for something like the X5iii if you're just gonna end up connecting it to an external DAC? You'd be paying for the technology of the DACs that have gone into the X5 (or other similar DAP), but won't be utilising that technology.

I'm not aware if any other company that has attempted this approach to fill the need for a simple transport for external DACs.

Mar 9, 2017 at 1:58 PM Post #1,184 of 1,222
That would be a mistake IMO. I don't feel that this device should be created with the intention to sonically surpass or be equal to the X5. That would increase the cost. I think the point of this device is to have perfectly adequate sound quality as a standalone, but the main benefit being that it is a fast, high quality transport for use with external DACs. Those of us who use external DACs have to use existing players or our phones. There are no stacking kits for phones, nor do they have dual storage slots. Likewise, what's the point in paying for something like the X5iii if you're just gonna end up connecting it to an external DAC? You'd be paying for the technology of the DACs that have gone into the X5 (or other similar DAP), but won't be utilising that technology.

I'm not aware if any other company that has attempted this approach to fill the need for a simple transport for external DACs.

Guess you are right, didnt see your point of view. It could be just a transport, even without a dac to keep short the final price tag =)

Mar 9, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #1,185 of 1,222
  @FiiO, please, please, pretty please make this product. This is an EXCELLENT idea for people who like to use external DACs. 

sorry for everyone who support our T3 in the past. as you may know thing change quite fast than we expect, now we have 2 issues in T3.

1, The kickstarters and indiegogo is not easy to us cause we have not enough resource to arrange it .  another option is work with 3rd partner but they charge very high cost . so the problem is we don't know how many people will like to support this project. 

also consider that we have X5 3rd which also meet most features of T3.

2, We still have a new project which may suitable to replace T3, which is based Android system but it can't supports any other APPs, not Wifi, but supports ATPX,  touch screen , but only supports one Micro SD card, slim design, long battery life. so it is still 

good option for T3 too.

Best regards 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back