The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen | Optical/Coaxial/USB digital output | Slim design | APT-X | TYPE C |
Mar 27, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #1,202 of 1,222

For a pure transport, we might need more connections and ports 

Probably. But it's just an idea..a starting point, if you will. I hope it would get manufacturers and potential users alike to start chatting more about the possibility of such a device. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #1,206 of 1,222
I think too that this thread should be closed. It is misleading...

LOL 

Why close such a great thread? 
biggrin.gif

What if the project comes back at some point? 

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #1,209 of 1,222
I say we turn this into a fantasy thread. Like this:

"Just got my T3. Wow, it sounds fantastic driving my HE6's. So much power. So much memory.

I've got my complete library of 32/196 flac files on it. All 3.2 M of them...................."

Just say'in.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:22 PM Post #1,210 of 1,222
  I say we turn this into a fantasy thread. Like this:

"Just got my T3. Wow, it sounds fantastic driving my HE6's. So much power. So much memory.

I've got my complete library of 32/196 flac files on it. All 3.2 M of them...................."

Just say'in.

T3 was supposed to be a transport, not a DAP 
biggrin.gif

The whole point was having a device that you solely use as a transport. 

Cheap phones have bad connections so I do see the need for a dedicated transport actually 
wink.gif

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:28 PM Post #1,211 of 1,222
Yes, James floated it as a transport, then he evolved it into a DAP. 

It does not matter. They floated the idea, they got this tribe stirred up. Then abandoned it for whatever reason. 

OK, fine. It's their money.

But regardless, a large population of this forum wants a large file handling transport, and they teased us.

I say turn it around.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #1,212 of 1,222
  Yes, James floated it as a transport, then he evolved it into a DAP. 

It does not matter. They floated the idea, they got this tribe stirred up. Then abandoned it for whatever reason. 

OK, fine. It's their money.

But regardless, a large population of this forum wants a large file handling transport, and they teased us.

I say turn it around.

You're a funny fellow! 

What if another company takes on the idea and makes a transport? 

The idea should live on, if there is enough interest, even FiiO will eventually build the transport! 

Apr 4, 2017 at 3:47 AM Post #1,213 of 1,222
I've given up on this idea. Would've been cool, but clearly FiiO isn't interested in it yet. As such, I've decided to get myself the Xperia XA to use as a transport. It's not ideal; only 1 card slot, a bit too big. But whatever, it'll do for now

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:25 AM Post #1,214 of 1,222
What about Shanling M1?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back