The "Unofficial Todd HF-1 Butt Kiss Thread"
Apr 5, 2006 at 11:38 PM Post #16 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by skyline889
I told Todd to take $200 plus shipping when he charged the card, in the special request and notices box.

Good call! I was so excited about getting in on the sale that I completely spaced the extra $5. :)

Hey y0da- What headband is that? It looks like the wide one.

Chris

Apr 6, 2006 at 1:49 AM Post #17 of 61
I think i may have just opened up the last one, or second to last not sure.

I had #470.

Trying to figure out what song to play first, any suggestions from the flaming lips catalog?

edit: Ack, can't decide tonight, maybe i'll open it up tomorrow after my test (and damn i've been a thread hog)

Apr 6, 2006 at 2:10 AM Post #18 of 61
Original sale number 451 plus the 22 from this sale means the last serial number should be 473. Seems a little odd - why not just have an even production run of 500? Maybe there's a few more stashed away somewhere, or maybe John Grado's family can expect a good Christmas this year
icon10.gif

Apr 6, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #21 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by utarch00
I have # 480.

I'm not denying that you do, but this doesn't make any sense according to the numbers that we have. So where are the extra HF-1's stashed? I wonder what happened?

Chris

Apr 6, 2006 at 10:42 AM Post #23 of 61
Quote:

When did you guys get your shipping notification? I was order 425 but mine wasn't shipped till yesterday. Not complaining of course, just excited.

Got my shipping notification on Tuesday, but according to USPS, the package was shipped Monday at 3:04 pm. Did you check the tracking details?

I'm a little worried about mine because there hasn't been a tracking update for a whole 48 hours. It says it's still enroute from Montana, but I would have expected it to have landed in Honolulu by now, or at least at some transfer point in California. Has anyone ever had problems with USPS express mail?

Ok, I just re-read that last paragraph, and I'm obviously going a bit nutso. Time to stop checking my tracking number every 15 minutes and go to bed!

Apr 6, 2006 at 2:27 PM Post #25 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coffeegeek
I'm not denying that you do, but this doesn't make any sense according to the numbers that we have. So where are the extra HF-1's stashed? I wonder what happened?

Chris

I will check again when I get home, but I am pretty sure. This is the number on the headphones themselves. My order number was #422.

Apr 6, 2006 at 10:19 PM Post #28 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
#455 in da house! (my order # was 430)

That's very curious... there seems to be a bigger spread of serial numbers than we thought were available. I guess it's not that important, but I'm curious how many were made all in all. Plus, this leaves open the possibility that there might be another sale with the "truely last" of the HF1.

Quote:

I hope mine come today, I almost feel like cutting my last two classes and go running home
biggrin.gif

Cutting class right now, but still no package
frown.gif
What shipping method did you use, out of curiosity?

Apr 6, 2006 at 10:44 PM Post #29 of 61
Well, I just got home to find the package setting just inside the garage door. I couldn't wait, so I dropped everything else and rushed to open the package. After attempting to extricate the box and get a minimum of foam peanuts everywhere, I found that I have #456. I queued up some DSOTM and I'm listening to it right now. "Money" was incredible. If anything there is less bass impact than I would have thought, but of course I'm listening to it with the bowls. Still, it sounds awesome!

Chris

Apr 7, 2006 at 3:53 AM Post #30 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceconvoy
Cutting class right now, but still no package
frown.gif
What shipping method did you use, out of curiosity?

Good thing I didn't cut since they weren't there when I got home
frown.gif
. I used USPS Priority mail so it should get here, hopefully by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back