The Ultimate MC/MM phono stage, F-117, Nighthawk...
Mar 5, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #139 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by robin-t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what am I more excited about? the shipment of my Nighthawk or the pre order of the Ipad?

There really is no comparison. You'll most likely have your F-117 next week and the Ipad doesn't even start shipping until April 3rd with the delay.
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #140 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by robin-t /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what am I more excited about? the shipment of my Nighthawk or the pre order of the Ipad?

Dear friends...
As we have promised, the Nighthawks took off tonight heading to many destinations.
Some of you might get the F-117 on Tuesday. For sure all the packages sent today will get to you on Wednesday.

Important note.....

Upon recieving your phono stage, please read the little booklet & before operating the pre-amp make sure you fully charge the battery.
Pay attention to the light, LED, on the charger. If RED it is charging when turns GREEN it is fully charged.

The F-117 won't turn on if the charger plug is connected to the pre-amp.
It is designed that way. Once the GREEN LED on the charger is on then remove the charger plug from the back of the F-117, now the on/off switch is operative.
This operation will always insures that the pre-amp, F-117, is only operating on Lithium Ion power.

As always, the phono stage requires 100 hours of burn-in. Please give the F-117 the time needed to settle. Once you do that you are in for a surprise.
Enjoy your new toy my friend.

Monday we will have more of these units shipped.
Thanks.
RSA

Mar 6, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #141 of 210
^ Any pics of the internal?

Mar 6, 2010 at 6:57 PM Post #142 of 210
To be honest the sweet sounds of music...is what Im really looking forward to. Thanks to my friend Tom for introducing me to Rays equipment. Side note, I made a comment about the Nighthawk of the Vinyl Asylum....I think more folks should be made aware. Hope you don't mind me spreading the word.
Thanks!

Mar 10, 2010 at 12:53 AM Post #143 of 210
Hi Ray,

Just a note to say I received my F-117 safe and sound today!

Thanks so much for the quick turnaround.

This is my third Ray Samuels "audio miniature jewel". I have high hopes when I get it up and running with my turntables. I am currently charging as instructed.

I'll be using it with a Merrill modified AR turntable with Morch UP-4 tonearm and Benz Glider medium cartridge. I also have a VPI Scout turntable with a Benz Glider as well. It should be fun comparing things. I am excited to try out a battery based phono preamp. This could be the holy grail!

-CB

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #145 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by shaizada /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Damn that was fast! hehe Good for you. Mine got shipped today with the Protector.

EDIT: Where is your location?

The same order as I have. Instead of Serial Number S001 like I had for the Shadow, I hoping to get F-117.

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:18 AM Post #146 of 210
Quote:

Damn that was fast! hehe Good for you. Mine got shipped today with the Protector.

EDIT: Where is your location?

I'm in Kensington, MD.

-CB

Mar 10, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #147 of 210
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The same order as I have. Instead of Serial Number S001 like I had for the Shadow, I hoping to get F-117.

Yup...I have Serial # 001 for both the Protector and the F117
smily_headphones1.gif

I changed color schemes though. I went all Silver/Clear on the F117 and Black with Silver knob on the Protector.
Looks like both our orders got shipped today. Exciting!

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #148 of 210
Got Mine today! #005.....On the charger and I wait to listen.... I wait.... Ill wait. Darn this patience thing. Thanks for the quick ship Ray! Next comes the listening... Miles Davis, "Kind of Blue" should be a nice first listen.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #149 of 210
Man....You guys' birds flew in really quick! Bombs away
tongue.gif

AFG-090715-002.jpg

Please post impressions once you give it a fair chance. Would love to know your thoughts on the sound.

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:42 AM Post #150 of 210
Quote:

Yup...I have Serial # 001 for both the Protector and the F117
smily_headphones1.gif

I changed color schemes though. I went all Silver/Clear on the F117 and Black with Silver knob on the Protector.
Looks like both our orders got shipped today. Exciting!

I'm actually partial to the silver body/silver face plate with black knobs, rather than the black body/silver face/black knobs that I initially wanted.

I'll post some impressions with my NAD Rega P2 clone and Ortofon Blue M2 cart later.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back