The ultimate HD650 cable? - Cardas Golden Reference headphone cable!!
Jun 17, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by grandenigma1
I am still confused... the Golden Ref is 3x26awg.... I see 4 conductors there... something isnt right
icon10.gif

This is why i asked George maybe he could use GR Phono cable which have 4 conductors as i said in the first post.
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by 003
Meh, thats nothing compared to the Nordost Valkyrja:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=183507

Bah...This cable look so f@&king cheap and i refuse to pay more than $1,000 per meter. Again where is the shielding? I know Cardas advanced shielding is extremely effective, they are dead silent .You should be able to mesure the signal to noise ratio of all these cables BTW. Big differences between NR and GR.

Jun 18, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #17 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
This is why i asked George maybe he could use GR Phono cable which have 4 conductors as i said in the first post.
wink.gif

Oh right you typed words and sentences that I should have read I suppose.

Jun 18, 2006 at 2:06 AM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastergill
Bah...This cable look so f@&king cheap and i refuse to pay more than $1,000 per meter. Again where is the shielding? I know Cardas advanced shielding is extremely effective, they are dead silent .You should be able to mesure the signal to noise ratio of all these cables BTW. Big differences between NR and GR.

Quoted from Patrick82:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82
There is no shielding on the cheaper Nordost cables, just teflon.
Valhalla and Valkyrja have threads wound around the conductor which eliminates RFI/EMI. The background is dead black with the Valkyrja

Jun 18, 2006 at 7:55 AM Post #20 of 20
finally the pics work for me. stunning

looks thicker and better made than my flavor 1 powercord haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back