The UE18 Pro: Ultimate Ears Announces Their New Flagship Custom IEM
Jan 17, 2010 at 12:52 PM Post #106 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by ppau0822 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the price of 1350 is a bit high and reading the forums here i doubt too many people will be getting the ue18 when the jh16 is 200 cheaper. or atleast i wont :p

For people like me the price is only about a $100 (plus time) more since I already have impressions on file with UE's.

Jan 17, 2010 at 2:07 PM Post #107 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jajo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I do like a little boom boom to my music. Hmmmm... I always have some sorry timing.

Yeah, I'm thinking he UE11 is the way to go for bass lovers wanting uber customs. Hopefully they will come down a bit price wise.

Thanks for the UE update!

Jan 18, 2010 at 3:26 PM Post #109 of 280
If I prefer ATH CK100 over TF10 Pro, does it mean UE18Pro should be the better choice for me (over JH13 Pro)?

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #111 of 280
Now it seems that my choices are narrowed down to:
JH 13 Pro vs JH 16 Pro?

Is it possible that if I am not satisfied with JH13 Pro, I pay $50 more and whatever the reshell cost is, and get them to turn my 13 Pro into a 16 Pro?

Jan 19, 2010 at 3:48 AM Post #113 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by googleli /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now it seems that my choices are narrowed down to:
JH 13 Pro vs JH 16 Pro?

Is it possible that if I am not satisfied with JH13 Pro, I pay $50 more and whatever the reshell cost is, and get them to turn my 13 Pro into a 16 Pro?

nope, someone in the jh16 thread asked them and that is not an option.

Jan 19, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #114 of 280
I just made my ear impression and it has come down to which address I'm gonna put down on the box. The audiologist said I need to mail it out pretty soon, otherwise the size of the impression will shrink. Can I still wait for 1 or 2 more days before I decide?

If it isn't for the news of JH-16 Pro coming out, it would be a no brainer for me to get JH-13 Pro, because from all that I have read it would sound more neutral. On the other hand I think the UE18 Pro would be equally top-notch and would be more fun.

I never said I disliked the TF10 Pros, just that I preferred the sound signature of ATH over the 10 Pro. TF10 Pro was a bit cold to me, and ATH CK100 provides details yet at the same time preserves the warmth of (especially) femal vocal.

Ok so here is my plan: Get UE18 Pro first and then wait for reviews of JH16Pro to come out, and then decide whether I should get 13 Pro or 16 Pro. I can afford two of these 6 driver+ monsters, and probably all three of them, but it would be a waste not spending enough time on any of them simply because I get 3 of them...

Still unsure which address to put down on the box... Any suggestions?

Jan 19, 2010 at 6:04 PM Post #117 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should be clear about that next week though.

They told me they are black only for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Navea /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone that have ordered these?

Just did. I debated on the JHs or these and figured might as well stick with a brand that's true and tried [for me].

Jan 19, 2010 at 8:40 PM Post #118 of 280
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosfayt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Basically , jh16 is just a jh13 with more emphasized bass, thats all , according to jerry harvey.

I thought it was like a JH13 that is less likely to experience clipping if you EQ the bass up and play it loud (for more dynamic while performing on stage).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back