The TWS + Neckband + BT Cable Adapter Thread
Mar 10, 2024 at 12:01 PM Post #526 of 547
Just found this on Taobao: https://m.tb.cn/h.5E66HGv?tk=hIsfWNhiWPM

QCC3071 / QCC3081 based with LDAC support, unfortunately no external DAC/amp chip. It is however cheap enough to warrant a look at ($40~57). I'll probably pick one up just for the fun of it.
The TRN BT30 has the separate amp chip and is about the same cost. No LDAC though. I am on the iPhone, so LDAC is of no real use.

Have you ever used the TRN BT20 Pro or the BT30? The pro seems to be the newest one from TRN.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #527 of 547
I have the BT20 and BT20s Pro, but didn't pick up any newer models because there simply isn't enough difference for my interest. The thing about Qualcomm QCC chips is that almost all of them, regardless of higher or lower end models, share identical internal DAC section so SQ is inherently limited if there is no external high quality DAC chip being used. An external amp chip will help with output power, but generally you won't get too far with it - case in point, FiiO UTWS3 which has an external amp chip is not nearly as good as UTWS5 with an external DAC/amp chip. However, given the limited choice in the market, sometimes we just have to make do with what is available.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2024 at 11:12 AM Post #529 of 547
The TRN BT30 has the separate amp chip and is about the same cost. No LDAC though. I am on the iPhone, so LDAC is of no real use.

Have you ever used the TRN BT20 Pro or the BT30? The pro seems to be the newest one from TRN.

Having had multiple TRN BT** devices, I can't recommend them to anyone planning on using them out and about. The modular earhook uses a 2-pin connection that's prone to falling out, leading to me eventually losing one of the modules in a dark street.

If they eventually redesign the hook to use an MMCX or some other locking mechanism, I might look into buying another one.

Mar 11, 2024 at 1:01 PM Post #530 of 547
Having had multiple TRN BT** devices, I can't recommend them to anyone planning on using them out and about. The modular earhook uses a 2-pin connection that's prone to falling out, leading to me eventually losing one of the modules in a dark street.

If they eventually redesign the hook to use an MMCX or some other locking mechanism, I might look into buying another one.
I just purchased the TRN BT20 pro. I didn’t hear many reports of the connection you mentioned. We shall see. Less than $20 USD shipped on Ali, so not a big gamble.

Mar 13, 2024 at 4:54 PM Post #532 of 547
Is there any consensus on whether or not any of the TWS adapters are actually best? It seems like the IFI Go-pod sounds great but has terrible portability, and the Fiio UTWS5 is fine, but the charger is faulty and it's being replaced soon anyway....
I own UTWS5s and demoed the GoPod. I find the UTWS5s to be 'good enough' for my use case driving my IT07. I'm actually tempted to get a set w/ 2-pin for my Penon Volts.

I REALLY liked the GoPod with my CA Vega IEMs -- really drives them well.

Mar 26, 2024 at 7:09 PM Post #533 of 547
Can I get Suggestions for a BT adapter to use with 2-pin Nobles. For traveling eliminating iFi Go Pods. Open to BTH or a loop. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5551.jpeg
    IMG_5551.jpeg
    886.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5552.jpeg
    IMG_5552.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 14, 2024 at 8:37 PM Post #534 of 547
1000013237.png

1000013238.png

Moondrop released EVO, priced around US$70 or so.

Apr 14, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #535 of 547
1000013237.png

1000013238.png

Moondrop released EVO, priced around US$70 or so.
It's showing up at $90 USD, but that's still a good price for what they're offering. Fiio's UTWS3 was going for around $90 when it started to be harder to get, it also only supported up to aptX and used a cheaper DAC/amp than this does. I haven't used the UTW5 but my feeling is this will be closer to that than the UTWS3, though I can't say for sure since they're not showing complete specs.

What's really interesting is the case and charging pins, I had the thought "Why hasn't anyone put the charging pins on the outer, visible surface?" while reading about the issues Fiio had with charging pins on the UTWS5. Not only does it prevent as much sweat from damaging the contacts but it also lets you put them in the case without having to flip them around and lets your earbuds stick up so the case doesn't need to have a huge cutout that limits battery size. And the removable outer case is great as well, it adds a little bulk but if you have larger earbuds (or 2-pin modded KSC35's... I'm definitely not thinking about this combo...) you can remove the outer case and put them in whatever case you want.

I'm half tempted to get them just for the design alone, but the lack of an MMCX version is a deal-breaker for me just like it was with the Littlewhite Neckband. I understand that their products only use 2-pin connectors, but there are so many earbuds that use an MMCX connector regardless of price that it's a baffling decision to me. I don't want to have to use an MMCX to 2-pin adapter as that will add extra height which will affect how well the adapter sits behind your ear. I already struggle with finding a good position when using the UTWS3 without any adapters and it has an adjustable memory hook which I don't think this one does. Also the lack of some specs isn't great so I'm giving this a pass for now but I will definitely keep an eye on it.

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:57 AM Post #536 of 547
I saw some tweets on the Moondrop Evo in Japanese where people received them already, but I am not sure where to look for any impressions. I searched Youtube but there is not much going on there. Would like to know if good.

Apr 18, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #537 of 547
Should get mine in less than a week, will share my impression then.

Apr 18, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #539 of 547
https://www.linsoul.com/products/kz-az09-pro?variant=41532412756123#preorder-period

My friend said the AZ09p are good. However I would need the B-Pin for the Dusk right? Am I even certain they will work well with them in that case?
I had two of the AZ09 Pro, the first set completely stopped working and the light started rapidly flashing on the left adapter so I'm guessing the firmware is corrupted. The second one had issues as well but I haven't used it for so long I don't remember what they were though it does still work. KZ's bait and switch with what codecs the AZ20 supports was the final straw for me buying any KZ products, it's one thing to get an IEM that doesn't sound like it should but lying about codec support is a whole other level.

I've had four each of TRN's BT20XS and BT30, all of which have worked flawlessly and for the price have good sound quality. One benefit of TRN's design is that you can buy a spare pair of adapters and keep them in the case so you can swap them out while the other set is charging. Some people have run into issues where the adapter falls off the swappable cable but I've swapped mine around a lot and they still feel secure. If that ever is an issue you can always buy a spare cable or even just buy another adapter since the BT20XS is so cheap. I have had some issues with TRN's BT3S Pro, one adapter crashes when it connects if it hasn't been used for a few hours but works fine after powering on again and another has a pop when I press the power button. I think I had one of the BT3S Pro die on me as well but I used it a lot before that happened, I didn't have nearly as many hours on the AZ09 Pro before it died. So while TRN isn't perfect I've had a much better experience across a much larger sample of their products than I did with KZ and even though I've had issues with the BT3S Pro the sound quality I get for the money is unbeatable. The BT20XS and BT3S Pro are also cheaper than the AZ09 Pro so I'm more willing to deal with the occasional bad unit, and the BT30 is slightly more expensive but has better sound quality due to it's upgraded chip and better codec support.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back