the truth ???
Feb 9, 2007 at 10:45 PM Post #316 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by n2xe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I never said they were the best there is, only that they are way better than the E4c and a good value for the money. I haven't listened to the e500 or Senn PXC 250 so I cannot comment on them.

You sound like a regular Head-Fier with this post, it's astonishing. There may be hope for you yet...
wink.gif

I had the E4c's for a time and wasn't blown away either, however- I did find them more enjoyable than the Etymotic ER-4's.

Feb 9, 2007 at 11:12 PM Post #317 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDarkTrumpet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some of these are really big unanswered questions for myself, especially since I don't have a really good ear for stuff (although it's gotten better). I don't want to waste too much money in the end, getting sound that's the best I can get, without being what I can't hear kinda thing.

Well if one were to say that you can get good audio from an ipod and headphone under $200.....no one would refute that. I certainly believe in focusing on a budget. There's been no intellectual debate about how the audio quality of an expensive setup compares, though, so as such you cannot take the "article" or this thread seriously.

Also, I wonder how credible n2xe's ears are since he's just claimed that he hears more bass out of the SR325i vs the CX300. Technical data begs to differ:

graphCompare.php

but maybe that's his humor surfacing again
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 11:23 PM Post #318 of 372
Quote:

And exactly how would you know that? I grew up in Binghamton, NY and spent plenty of time at MacIntosh Labs. A good friend of mine worked at Conrad Johnson. I'm well exposed audiophiles and the folks on this board pretty much fit the mean.

Well, I gave you guys a week and still no cogent argument on why the frequency of a sine wave is not angular velocity. No report picking apart my article bit by bit by Vyu. Perhaps my article is unassailable? I'm very dissapointed...

Frequency (f) of sinusoidal wave is the inverse of its period (T).
f=1/T.

And its angular velocity W=2pi(f) because there are 2pi rad in one period.

This is fundamental to any engineer and physicists.

Feb 10, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #319 of 372
Quote:

No report picking apart my article bit by bit by Vyu. Perhaps my article is unassailable? I'm very dissapointed...

Hmm... I guess that makes my empty piggy bank unassailable then. I feel so secure now!

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #320 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdFireArow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Angularvelocity.png

"Angular velocity describes the speed of rotation"

Do sine waves rotate-seriously I'm not sure I just started physics.

Are you even remotely serious? Yea, a sine wave rotates between 0 and 360 degrees to complete one cycle.

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #321 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Frequency (f) of sinusoidal wave is the inverse of its period (T).
f=1/T.

This is fundamental to any engineer and physicists.

thank you! finally some sanity...

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #322 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well if one were to say that you can get good audio from an ipod and headphone under $200.....no one would refute that. I certainly believe in focusing on a budget. There's been no intellectual debate about how the audio quality of an expensive setup compares, though, so as such you cannot take the "article" or this thread seriously.

Also, I wonder how credible n2xe's ears are since he's just claimed that he hears more bass out of the SR325i vs the CX300. Technical data begs to differ:

graphCompare.php

but maybe that's his humor surfacing again
biggrin.gif

What's the source for this data?

Feb 10, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #325 of 372
Quote:

Well, I gave you guys a week and still no cogent argument on why the frequency of a sine wave is not angular velocity. No report picking apart my article bit by bit by Vyu. Perhaps my article is unassailable? I'm very dissapointed...

my god ur back?

i can't count the number of times we've told u the difference between the frequency of a sine wave is not angular velocity, and in a language kindergarteners can understand.

-frequency is a "number", angular velocity is a vector (an "arrow" of a certain length pointing in a direction)

-frequency is measured in hz, angular velocity is measured in rad/s and has a direction

they are not the same thing. there's a relationship between them, but they aren't the same thing. acknowledge at least this far and we may make some progress.

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:01 AM Post #326 of 372
Quote:

Originally Posted by derek8555 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

that's angular speed. velocity has a direction. if u skip the direction, u may run into problems.

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:20 AM Post #327 of 372
Quote:

Are you even remotely serious? Yea, a sine wave rotates between 0 and 360 degrees to complete one cycle.

actually, "sine waves" don't rotate.

imagine u are on a ferris wheel. think of how high ur off the ground and graph it against time. the graph will be a sine wave. but it's the ferris wheel that's doing the rotating, not the sine wave.

so the statement is incorrect. it is merely a nitpick, however, as are a lot of what we're saying.

but u don't need to begin with "Are you even remotely serious?", which is just rude, and reserved for those occasions when someone is completely wrong and ur completely right.

Feb 10, 2007 at 3:25 AM Post #328 of 372
Feb 10, 2007 at 3:51 AM Post #330 of 372
I thought angular velocity was related to the rotation of a particle or body along a fixed axis? And as far as I know, the frequency of a sinusoid is not a vector quantity (which angular velocity is). I don't see how the two are the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back