The TOPPING DX9 Limited Edition Flagship DAC/Amp - Now Available on Apos Audio
Mar 2, 2024 at 4:08 AM Post #16 of 28
Decided? You mean polarized maybe? Because it's from China? As in brainwashed that nothing good can come from there. Because it's not 'made in america'. I always compare it to Japanese products in the 60-ies that were all considered crap. Look how that turned out. Upcoming economy.

Anyway, Topping is a good brand that is still improving continually. It has great value for money, especially if you don't have much to spend. That puts people on the wrong foot. Because it's not 'high end'. The same goes for SMSL btw, which I prefer. That's a matter of taste I presume. I have a few of those and I really like them. I've been buying chi-fi for over 15 years by now. Neither Topping nor SMSL have made bad products, unlike some I had.

That said, I know there's been some comments on output- input impedance issues that weren't adhering to standard. You should treat that on a case by case basis.
yes, i decided and yolo’ed in on a Netherlands product. I guess we could say its the middle ground b/w chifi and made in the usa and call it even :)

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:58 AM Post #18 of 28
How would you compare it to other high end dacs? Thanks
The only other dac amp I have is the Hifiman HE400. and I like both. but I think the DX9 sounds better to my ears. less grainy.
no it has plenty of power to power my HE1000 and my HE500 with out issues. Love the clear pannel on top.

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:51 PM Post #22 of 28
The topping is like triple the price, it's only slightly better to your ears? Haha 😅
Really? How old are you? 11? Stop ridiculing someone because you don't understand what he says and why.

Price doesn't mean much. And not everyone has money to burn just to see if there are better things around. I'm convinced the DX9 is a great product but I'm sure there are others that can beat it at certain aspects well under its price. I'm still in doubt of buying it because I'm looking for a better dac. An R2R dac at triple the price. And how much better will that be?

It's not always that clean cut.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:08 PM Post #23 of 28
Really? How old are you? 11? Stop ridiculing someone because you don't understand what he says and why.

Price doesn't mean much. And not everyone has money to burn just to see if there are better things around. I'm convinced the DX9 is a great product but I'm sure there are others that can beat it at certain aspects well under its price. I'm still in doubt of buying it because I'm looking for a better dac. An R2R dac at triple the price. And how much better will that be?

It's not always that clean cut.
Im not ridculing them lol
Also it should be MUCH better for the price, case closed period. If he thinks its only slightly better, i just wanted to clarify is all.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2024 at 11:44 PM Post #25 of 28
I have the DX9 for about 2 months following the review on Soundnews and I'm very satisfied with it. I use it as an "all-in-one" solution, DAC and preamp speakers with the LS50 Meta and headphone amp for the HE1000SE and all sort of IEM.

The sound is crystal clear and the headphone output is great, better and wider sound than other multi part systems I tried before.

Maybe it's the implementation of the AKM chip that is really well done. It reconcile me with the Delta-Sigma dacs as I use it with Hqplayer for upsampling in PCM and DSD. Even with compressed music on YouTube and Spotify it sounds great. Can't think of a better sound.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back