The Tomahawk...an ultra-portable amplifier for IEMs
Dec 29, 2006 at 1:46 PM Post #692 of 931
Hello Ray,

I've emailed you twice but have so far heard nothing from you. I've sent you a PM by the time you read this. Please get back to me if possible with the tracking number, so I can expect when to expect delivery.

/James

Dec 29, 2006 at 2:46 PM Post #693 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Revelatio /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello Ray,

I've emailed you twice but have so far heard nothing from you. I've sent you a PM by the time you read this. Please get back to me if possible with the tracking number, so I can expect when to expect delivery.

/James

There is no tracking # for the USPS that you can use the way fed-ex is. I have mentioned that many times by saying that the USPS tracking # is USELESS. All you have to do is wait until it is delivered. Sorry.
Ray Samuels

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:30 PM Post #695 of 931
Just shot you an email last night asking a few questions about the tomahawk. Awaiting reply so I can make my unexpected purchase
cool.gif

Dec 29, 2006 at 4:48 PM Post #696 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is no tracking # for the USPS that you can use the way fed-ex is. I have mentioned that many times by saying that the USPS tracking # is USELESS. All you have to do is wait until it is delivered. Sorry.
Ray Samuels

Hi, thanks for the heads up.

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:41 PM Post #697 of 931
Ray,

I just opened my Tomahawk (T094) and inserted 2 new AAA batteries. When I powered it on, smoke came out of the unit. I am certain that I inserted the batteries in the correct position. Needless to say, it is not functional. Please advise on how to get a replacement unit.

Thanks,

Pony

Dec 29, 2006 at 5:50 PM Post #698 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by PouncePony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ray,

I just opened my Tomahawk (T094) and inserted 2 new AAA batteries. When I powered it on, smoke came out of the unit. I am certain that I inserted the batteries in the correct position. Needless to say, it is not functional. Please advise on how to get a replacement unit.

Thanks,

Pony

What the heck kind of batteries were those???? LOL!

Sorry to hear that! I'm sure Ray will take care of you!!!

Nothing more disappointing than having something not work out of the box but it happenss. Its happen to me on more than one occassion. Not with an RSA product but TV's, IPODS, RECEVIERS etc..........................

Dec 29, 2006 at 6:56 PM Post #699 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Nothing more disappointing than having something not work out of the box but it happenss. Its happen to me on more than one occassion. Not with an RSA product but TV's, IPODS, RECEVIERS etc..........................

X2. Keep us informed as to what the cause of this was.

Dec 29, 2006 at 7:16 PM Post #701 of 931
Quote:

Ray,

Thanks,

Pony

The battery diagram is a bit misleading (to me anyway). I inserted them incorrectly the first time and noticed no light and an odd smell. I took them out and reversed the positions and it's been fine ever since. With the battery compartment on the right side; left is positive up, right is negative up. I'm on about 25 hours of breakin and its one of the best things I've ever heard. Even through my "budget" senn hd280's(waiting for UE superfi5.pro) I'm hearing my music like never before. Actually turned around at one point when I heard voices previously buried in the mix. Freaked me out for a second!!
biggrin.gif

BD

Dec 29, 2006 at 7:17 PM Post #702 of 931
Quote:

Ray,

Thanks,

Pony

Did any liquid come out, too? Sounds like the cap blew. Or maybe the LED blew out?

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:32 PM Post #703 of 931
Quote:

Ray,

Thanks,

Pony

That will happen if the batteries are inserted the wrong way.
The Tomahawk chip is gone.
In the little booklet that comes with the Tomahawk there is a warning regarding the batteries being placed incorrectly. The two AAA batteries are silk screened on the back panel "batteries compartment plate" as to how they should go into the amp with their polarity being stated.

On the PC brd the END of the batteries are silk screened on the pc brd including the battries outlines, this means if the battery is resting on top of the pc brd the positive of the battery terminal would rest on the + symbol of the pc brd, & the negative of the battery terminal should be on the top of the negative symbol which is silk screened on the pc brd.

There is no protection against this, as every drop of battery voltage is counter for in order to give the proper drive capability & swing that is required from the 2 AAA bateries.
Please send it back to my address on my web site.
Ray Samuels

Dec 29, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #704 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by trose49 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Tod...
None of the Tomahawks will slip out of my two hands with out ME listening to it for 10 minutes. Every one is built & checked carefully to make sure that the gain switch works & it is alligned right in the middle of the back panel slot. But can do nothing regarding batteries being installed incorrectly.
Ray Samuels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back