The Tomahawk...an ultra-portable amplifier for IEMs
Dec 27, 2006 at 7:01 PM Post #676 of 931
Hi Ray,

My request for a black Tomahawk was originally listed in posting #90 on 11/13 and my paypal payment was sent on 12/12 which was the first day of ordering and listed in post #412. I know there has been some confusion with mapping Headfier's handles with Paypal and email. It's also possible that someone may have grabbed it from in front of my house depending on where the FedEx left it so just wanted to confirm that's not the case.

Let me know if you'd prefer to correspond in PM.

Thanks

John Bartlett

Dec 27, 2006 at 7:54 PM Post #677 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by Britbonic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Ray,

My request for a black Tomahawk was originally listed in posting #90 on 11/13 and my paypal payment was sent on 12/12 which was the first day of ordering and listed in post #412. I know there has been some confusion with mapping Headfier's handles with Paypal and email. It's also possible that someone may have grabbed it from in front of my house depending on where the FedEx left it so just wanted to confirm that's not the case.

Let me know if you'd prefer to correspond in PM.

Thanks

John Bartlett

Your amp is on fed-ex truck for delivery, it will be delivered today.
I do not want to post your tracking #.
Ray Samuels

Dec 27, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #678 of 931
Great, thanks Ray. I'll be looking for it and looking forward to the amp.

John

Dec 27, 2006 at 9:03 PM Post #679 of 931
Hi Ray, I paid for a black Tomahawk the first day as indicated in post #381 shipped to Toronto. USPS tracking number is trackable within Canada as well, thanks to Canada post. I would appreciate if you could pm me the tracking number so that I know when to wait for the delivery.

Dec 28, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #682 of 931
Just as I posted my reply the Fedex guy pulled up. Number 47 in the house!
The burn-in process begins today.

I know everyone says this but it really is amazingly small. It hard to tell without seeing one in person.

Thanks again Ray!

John

Dec 28, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #684 of 931
Hi Ray,

I ordered Tomahawk on December 15. (#497)
Please teach when you understand the date when Tomahawk was shipped by the United States.

Best Regards,

NoRi

Dec 28, 2006 at 8:39 AM Post #686 of 931
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My guess is that the main benefit here is that you are bypassing what is very likely a lousy headphone amp and putting through a nice lineout signal through the Tomahawk, so that the amplification, while not louder, is of a much higher quality because the work is being down by Ray's circuit. Ray, of course, is the man to confirm this theory.

I would enjoy reading a response to this earlier query.

Ok now correct me if I am wrong, gain is amplification whether unity or higher.

If so whatever it, theTomahawk, gets it's going to amplify, I would like to know if the Tomahawk:

1:/ Filters noise?
2:/ Detects and buffers or prevents clipping?
3:/ Will it improve the bass roll off due to nonamplified loads?

or are the last 2 elements to be dealt with by software?

Dec 28, 2006 at 11:37 AM Post #687 of 931
Just received #T052 today in the mail. Sitting back and enjoying the awesome sound.
rs1smile.gif

Dec 28, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #688 of 931
Hello Ray,
sorry to bother you, but could you tell when you have shipped my Tomahawk ?
With this information, I will manage to be at home for delivery (otherwise, nobody would be at my home because I would be at work).
Thanks a lot for your help,

Dec 28, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #689 of 931
T038 here (I was out of the office for a few days). Looking forward to trying this amp. Impressions in the appropriate thread.

It sure takes a while for that big ol' cap to discharge doesn't it?
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back