The things head-fi does to you...
Jul 13, 2004 at 10:52 AM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Head-Fi has made my audio-crazed (hence no computer upgrades like I used to). It also made me extraordinarily lazy, I realized this today when I was moving my computer to my friend's house. My, the 50 pounds were rediculously heavy, I could just lugg it around before, not anymore!! Head-Fi is good for your ears and bad for the rest of your body, especially if you're dieting.

I have to say that this is pretty much the case with me.
I have grown lazy and lost interest in all my other hobbies. I stay up all night reading and posting. My back is getting weaker, rather than stronger as the doctor ordered.
Everytime something happens during my working hours (which are the only hours I'm not here) I think about how I could share those moments here on Head-Fi.
God, I am completely obsessed with this place.
I even sold a gun to finance an amp purchase.
eek.gif

I gotta get away from here.
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 1:21 PM Post #17 of 35
How many times have I done this?
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
The things head-fi does to me?

#3. Regaling a humorous post to friends and having them say, "Huh?"

-Ed

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:04 PM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. PD
I even sold a gun to finance an amp purchase.

I sold one of my rifles to finance my headphones and source upgrades, I know how you feel
frown.gif

but... the rewards are high, as your headphones can always bring you pleasure... till they aren't good enough...

and you need to upgrade...
from your upgrade 2 weeks ago...
very_evil_smiley.gif

after lurking here for awhile I'd have to say that this is probably one of the best boards on the internet, or atleast one of the best by far that I've ever frequented. It's a very nice community, incredible source of knowledge, and friendly and understanding people... that being said they will also be very happy to convince you that you have far too much money and far too little equipment
icon10.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:22 PM Post #19 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Can cause me to stay up late.
blink.gif

I stayed up until 12:30 (Midnight) last night read through the "headphone sightings" thread in the Portable Audio forum. And I've now switched from frequenting an Overclocking forum to frequenting here and SilentPCReview's forum. On many occasions I've though of selling my current computer and replacing it with a totally silent muiscomputer.

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:20 PM Post #21 of 35
Had another dream last night... a bit more abstract this time...

A bunch of vultures kept stealing my wallet! After some complicated analysis, i've determined that the vultures are you guys
icon10.gif

(Seriously, I actually did have that dream!)

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Radar
On many occasions I've though of selling my current computer and replacing it with a totally silent muiscomputer.

NO!!!! water cool
icon10.gif

I think that's where my next check is going to, then you can get the best of both worlds...

but yea... staying up late...
man, I could just look through the old posts on here for hours...

Jul 13, 2004 at 8:09 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkd
Had another dream last night... a bit more abstract this time...

A bunch of vultures kept stealing my wallet! After some complicated analysis, i've determined that the vultures are you guys
icon10.gif

(Seriously, I actually did have that dream!)

...lol...I had a non-audio related dream last night...Avril Lavigne came over...
blink.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 9:44 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire
Sigh... The first couple of weeks with head-fi were wonderful and seem like a whirlwind. The joy, the excitement, the passion, the experimentation. But when it was all said and done I was used just like the rest of them and head-fi ran off with my wallet. Now I just roam the streets peddling my glasswares and cans.

hold on a second - it's not a whirlwind? *looks in wallet, sees 200 bucks less* CURSE YOU HEAD-FI! The Honeymoon is OVER!

Now i'm just a hubby saying *yes dear* to any purchasing whims you throw my way. There goes my audio dignity.

Jul 13, 2004 at 10:36 PM Post #27 of 35
While most of the city sleeps, you try to stay awake in you favorite chair, just to listen for a little longer. You know it's way too late, and that you're gonna feel it the next day at work. You wish your cans would get along better with your bed and pillows, and yet, at times, your glad they don't.

Head-fi made me do it boss....

Jul 13, 2004 at 10:50 PM Post #28 of 35
Head-fi makes me sit at the computer staring at the forum lists pressing F5 and waiting to see when someone has finally posted something new.

Oh the shame of it all.

My coworkers make fun of me because realistically I spend more time on the forum than actually listening to headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back