The things head-fi does to you...
Jul 13, 2004 at 12:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

nkd

100+ Head-Fier
As if to mark my reaching 100 posts, last night I had a dream about auditioning headphones. The first dream I remember for years, and it's about something I almost want to beat me up for! Going into a shop and auditioning the RS-1s... I hate you guys
tongue.gif

(Annoyingly, because i liked them in the dream, my brain believes they sound like I dreamt them, so now I have to buy them... I'm in for such a disapointment!
icon10.gif
)

Jul 13, 2004 at 12:22 AM Post #2 of 35
The things head-fi does to me?

#1. Wafer thin wallet. (ok, the condo is mostly to blame for that right now)

#2. Jealous Wife.

#3. Regaling a humorous post to friends and having them say, "Huh?"

#4. Establishing a budget for Head-fi gear.

#5. Obsessed to the point of trying to post when not physically able to.

-Ed

Jul 13, 2004 at 12:42 AM Post #4 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkd
As if to mark my reaching 100 posts, last night I had a dream about auditioning headphones. The first dream I remember for years, and it's about something I almost want to beat me up for! Going into a shop and auditioning the RS-1s... I hate you guys
tongue.gif

(Annoyingly, because i liked them in the dream, my brain believes they sound like I dreamt them, so now I have to buy them... I'm in for such a disapointment!
icon10.gif
)

I can`t believe i had the same exact dream, but it was with the HD 650 and SR 225.

Jul 13, 2004 at 12:52 AM Post #5 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Obsessed to the point of trying to post when not physically able to.

-Ed

Any experience to share with us, about this particular one???? ....LOL....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 1:53 AM Post #6 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by nkd
Don't forget spending time drawing a thong on a hamster. That can't be good!

Now let's see if I get this straight. Nkd, a self-proclaimed member of Team Naked, criticizes Edwood for spending time inadequately clothing a hamster, which was quite adequately clad before the whole clothing caper started. And this is on a thread entitled "The Things Head-fi Does to You."

OK, I just wanted to be sure.

BW

Jul 13, 2004 at 2:14 AM Post #7 of 35
... convinces you you bought the greatest headphones there is.
...2 weeks later convinces you that those headphones you just bought are garbage and you should have bought this other headphone that is the greatest headphone there is.
...return to first set of ...'s

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #8 of 35
Head-Fi for some odd reason made me think that distributing 250 lbs. of power cords would be relatively easy... (points to cables forum)

blink.gif
blink.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 3:11 AM Post #9 of 35
Sigh... The first couple of weeks with head-fi were wonderful and seem like a whirlwind. The joy, the excitement, the passion, the experimentation. But when it was all said and done I was used just like the rest of them and head-fi ran off with my wallet. Now I just roam the streets peddling my glasswares and cans.

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:19 AM Post #10 of 35
Can cause me to stay up late.
blink.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:27 AM Post #11 of 35
makes you question your every setup and wonder "is this good?" and "could this be better???" rather than shutting up and enjoying the music.
rolleyes.gif

gives your wallet a worm or something too, because it never seems to be able to get larger despite gobbling up more and more cash.
blink.gif

*disgusting thought...yes*

Jul 13, 2004 at 4:38 AM Post #12 of 35
Head-Fi has made my audio-crazed (hence no computer upgrades like I used to). It also made me extraordinarily lazy, I realized this today when I was moving my computer to my friend's house. My, the 50 pounds were rediculously heavy, I could just lugg it around before, not anymore!! Head-Fi is good for your ears and bad for the rest of your body, especially if you're dieting.

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:35 AM Post #13 of 35
Since joining Head-Fi this place has caused me to spend more money on audio gear than I ever will in a life time. Even though at times when I should be saving money for other things, I end up spending it on audio gear when I login here and read some reviews on a new product or if some is selling something in the F/S forum for an outrageous price. There's no need for a wallet, check book, or credit card anymore with the nasty spending habit picked up from hanging around here.
Head-Fi has also caused me to stay in front of my pc and longer than normal at all hours of the day. The many times when I should have been busy doing work or sleeping, I substitute by login here. Will this madness ever stop?

Jul 13, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #14 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceman
Can cause me to stay up late.
blink.gif

Same here, Once I was up to 6 am reading posts,

I need a life

It also help me piss my parents off (I told them that I was going to spend even more money on building an amp, right after I just bought an AKG 240S)
icon10.gif

Jul 13, 2004 at 6:57 AM Post #15 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Any experience to share with us, about this particular one???? ....LOL....
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

The drunken 4th July thread was closed very quickly by the moderators, so you must have missed it
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back