The T50RP Paradox | reviews, discussion, & mini-tour impressions (index in second post)
Jan 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #706 of 750
Talking with Luis about the Paradox vs Slants:

The Slant has more than one modification to it, hence why it's more expensive than the regular Paradox. It's not more expensive because of the sound but rather, because of the added time and patience it takes to make a Slant.  The Slant has a modified driver, different tuning and angled pads.

Also.. regarding the Slant's pads, Luis said he gets them from a company based in Las Vegas.. and they're made to his spec (to fit the Slant).

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:10 AM Post #707 of 750
Hi guys, I finally got a 3 way shootout video done involving the Paradox vs the Alpha Dog vs the XC. hope you guys enjoy the video as much as I did putting it together.

Mar 3, 2014 at 12:49 AM Post #709 of 750
You're welcome fellow bopper. The video was a pleasure to do for me and I'm quite proud of it. Thanks again for your kind words

Mar 7, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #712 of 750
What are the long-time durability and serviceability prospects for these? I'm considering buying a pair. This a big investment for me, so I only want to do if I'm going to keep them for a long time. A few things concern me:

-this is produced by one guy, not an established company that we know will be there in the future for repairs & parts.
-the drivers are apparently sealed so they can't be replaced.
-what if the "hermetically sealed" chamber seal is broken or leaks? There are rumors of odd things like a chamber filled with helium or something.

How is the reliability/ruggedness of orthos compared with dynamics? I'm wondering what the odds are of one of the non-removable drivers failing.

Apr 11, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #713 of 750
  What are the long-time durability and serviceability prospects for these? I'm considering buying a pair. This a big investment for me, so I only want to do if I'm going to keep them for a long time. A few things concern me:

-this is produced by one guy, not an established company that we know will be there in the future for repairs & parts.
-the drivers are apparently sealed so they can't be replaced.
-what if the "hermetically sealed" chamber seal is broken or leaks? There are rumors of odd things like a chamber filled with helium or something.

How is the reliability/ruggedness of orthos compared with dynamics? I'm wondering what the odds are of one of the non-removable drivers failing.

They appear very well built and finished,mine are are hardwired and strain relief seems excellent. Earpads are awesome, very comfortable.  I guess it's hard to say long term, but on initial impression and a few weeks of listening and burning in they seem built for the long haul.   Sound is like wearing an excellent pair of high-end loudspeakers.  I absolutely love them and feel they are well worth the price.  They sound substantially better now then when I first played them out of the box.

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

Aug 1, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #714 of 750
Hey gang..

I recently purchased the Paradox Slants from Luis.. I've had them for a couple of weeks (right around when my HE-560 arrived too, actually).. and I'm thoroughly blown away by them.  What an absolutely gorgeous sounding headphone.  Luis did something special with this can.  I'll have more thoughts (and comparisons) as time permits.. and I anticipate sending my Slants on a tour (like I did with my (original) Paradox).. cause I feel these may be the most underrated closed headphone out now.. and more people need to hear them!

Aug 1, 2014 at 3:15 AM Post #715 of 750
  Hey gang..

I recently purchased the Paradox Slants from Luis.. I've had them for a couple of weeks (right around when my HE-560 arrived too, actually).. and I'm thoroughly blown away by them.  What an absolutely gorgeous sounding headphone.  Luis did something special with this can.  I'll have more thoughts (and comparisons) as time permits.. and I anticipate sending my Slants on a tour (like I did with my (original) Paradox).. cause I feel these may be the most underrated closed headphone out now.. and more people need to hear them!

Cool! My congratulations! Please do a comparison between them and HE-560.

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #716 of 750
Flysweep:

Hey gang..

I recently purchased the Paradox Slants from Luis.. I've had them for a couple of weeks (right around when my HE-560 arrived too, actually).. and I'm thoroughly blown away by them.  What an absolutely gorgeous sounding headphone.  Luis did something special with this can.  I'll have more thoughts (and comparisons) as time permits.. and I anticipate sending my Slants on a tour (like I did with my (original) Paradox).. cause I feel these may be the most underrated closed headphone out now.. and more people need to hear them!

And as always your community spirit takes flight once a again!

I don't know how you can part with them but many people will be amazed.   Luis is a Genius, hands down a magician with 

a slight of  ear that suspends and defies belief.     I am beyond fortunate enough to have a pair with his hardwired upocc copper rogue

wire. They are one of the finest transducers I have ever owned.   Embarrass the Grado Ref 1's I had a number of years ago. 

It will be almost as much fun to hear the feedback, as it is to hear the remarkable way the Slants recreate musical events.

My DDdac 1794 will be finished in the next week or so and I anticipate new revelations in resolution as my front end transcends.

Here's to you Master Fly!    Span the sweep, ascend the Sky!    

Happy Listening,

jgwtriode

Aug 1, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #717 of 750
  Hey gang..

Congratulations on the Paradox Slants! I'm still loving my pair. 

Aug 8, 2014 at 7:12 PM Post #718 of 750
Been a long time I didn't post but be sure to listen to chesky's demonstration recordings with the paradox, it's absolutely mind blowing !
basshead.gif

Oct 18, 2014 at 7:07 AM Post #720 of 750
Hi guys,

I'm interested in the Paradox, but I'm getting a bit confused as to where I get them from.  I placed an order from www.referencesounds.com but just received a refund with no reason.  Is this where I am supposed to be buying them from?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back