The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
May 21, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #109 of 598

Misread the post you replied to but I think you understood the misunderstanding :p

I've been scanning the last few pages.
Aside from selling/trading used gear, what are the topics anyone is interested in?

(1) I would be interested in actually organizing a CanJam in Switzerland somewhere in the future when the whole Covid situation is under control.

(2) Also, I'd like to discuss brands and how everyone perceives them.

(3) Of course I am curious about what gear everyone is using.

(4) Have you done gear reviews yourself before?

(4) Apparently, there are much less women interested in our hobby. Why is that? I always wondered. My wife appreciates good sound, but it's not really important to her. Is it all just too technical? But music is about emotions right?

So what are you interested in discussing here?

1) The main point of the thread is to start a Swiss community going which seems to be taking up :wink: CanJam Switzerland most definitively sounds great!
Selling/trading amongst ourselves was clearly also an interesting collateral given that I believe most of us often "buy blind".

2-3-4) I'll PM you for these ones though I also suggest reaching out to @F700 should he'd like to share his experience which is quite extensive.

4bis) Very much seems like to be a male-driven hobby, unfortunately.

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #111 of 598
Misread the post you replied to but I think you understood the misunderstanding :p

1) The main point of the thread is to start a Swiss community going which seems to be taking up :wink: CanJam Switzerland most definitively sounds great!
Selling/trading amongst ourselves was clearly also an interesting collateral given that I believe most of us often "buy blind".

2-3-4) I'll PM you for these ones though I also suggest reaching out to @F700 should he'd like to share his experience which is quite extensive.

It's because of cables. As a bloke I love cables, can't get enough of them - XLR, TRS, TRRS, TosLink, Coaxial, USB A B C and the mini variants thereof, HDMI, DisplayPort, Ethernet RJ45 both solid and stranded, and RJ11. Oh man you should see my cable collection.

Or as my better half would put it, a bloody great rat's nest.

May 21, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #112 of 598
It's because of cables. As a bloke I love cables, can't get enough of them - XLR, TRS, TRRS, TosLink, Coaxial, USB A B C and the mini variants thereof, HDMI, DisplayPort, Ethernet RJ45 both solid and stranded, and RJ11. Oh man you should see my cable collection.

Or as my better half would put it, a bloody great rat's nest.
:joy::joy::joy:

May 21, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #113 of 598

Exactly when I got rid of a lot of old and new gears, wanting to take a step back from Head-Fi and the hobby, living a "modest" and content portable audio life with my remaining dap/amp & IEMs until my buddy @NewEve decided to remind me about this thread. Zurich fellow here as well. Definitely interested in meeting some of you in the region. Maybe later this year, because for the time being I am literally submerged with work. The rest of the time I try to remain a good husband and a present father.

@TomKorn : You picked my highest interest with your shop. You might have mentioned it earlier, but are you running it from home? I am asking because, even if I love my Romi Audio BX2+ amp, the C9 is the one I would like to test against the Romi. Do you think I could come over and test it one of these days?

Nice to see this thread coming very alive :)

May 21, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #114 of 598
Exactly when I got rid of a lot of old and new gears, wanting to take a step back from Head-Fi and the hobby, living a "modest" and content portable audio life with my remaining dap/amp & IEMs until my buddy @NewEve decided to remind me about this thread. Zurich fellow here as well. Definitely interested in meeting some of you in the region. Maybe later this year, because for the time being I am literally submerged with work. The rest of the time I try to remain a good husband and a present father.

@TomKorn : You picked my highest interest with your shop. You might have mentioned it earlier, but are you running it from home? I am asking because, even if I love my Romi Audio BX2+ amp, the C9 is the one I would like to test against the Romi. Do you think I could come over and test it one of these days?

Nice to see this thread coming very alive :)
Right now, I am just a super small startup. Running it from home, yes. Took me a lot of time to get going. Find manufacturers and products, demoing products over months. Making a concept and make it come alive. It's just my passion, a side project no more right now.

You are welcome to test C9 as letting my potential customers demo products at home is a given. How better to test gear?

May 21, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #116 of 598
congrats mate, great start for your startup! 👍

BCA6B7EB-F3DB-49C7-8A1A-338AB928B3A2.jpeg

May 22, 2021 at 4:24 AM Post #119 of 598
Anyone having experience with Unique Melody IEMs? They are said to be very good and play way over their price.
Unfortunately not, but IEMs that are way over their price are (in my honest opinion) Custom Art (devs are in Poland).

May 22, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #120 of 598
I've been scanning the last few pages.
Aside from selling/trading used gear, what are the topics anyone is interested in?

(1) I would be interested in actually organizing a CanJam in Switzerland somewhere in the future when the whole Covid situation is under control.

(2) Also, I'd like to discuss brands and how everyone perceives them.

(3) Of course I am curious about what gear everyone is using.

(4) Have you done gear reviews yourself before?

(4) Apparently, there are much less women interested in our hobby. Why is that? I always wondered. My wife appreciates good sound, but it's not really important to her. Is it all just too technical? But music is about emotions right?

So what are you interested in discussing here?
I wonder about the women thing as well. No clue why that is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back