The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Jan 28, 2022 at 1:22 PM Post #529 of 592
Hello everybody, a newcomer from Lausanne here. Just wanted to say hello, and that I will follow this thread closely.
Welcome :relaxed: !!!

Quick shout-out to @TomKorn from Audio Essence for his recent help in my latest endeavours down the dark, deep, audiophile rabbit hole.

I think most of you know him by now but, just in case, his approach and customer service are just stellar ✨ — I wholeheartedly recommend him.

Btw, the latest write-up has been published.

Next up: Cayin N6ii | R01 :wink:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #532 of 592
Hello everyone! How many does that make us now? :D

Welcome number #16 :p (I hope my count is right.)

Next up: Cayin N6ii | R01 :wink:

Cayin N6ii x R01 write-up has been posted.

Excellent stuff but my preferences lean elsewhere. If you're interested, I'm letting it go.

DO01000491.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #536 of 592
Got my latest „Toy“ a few days ago , the Custom ODIN & I’m more than thrilled ! :slight_smile:

Thanks to our member TOM, “Tomkorn” and his free testing offer I could listen to the normal Odin first home at my own equipment before I swiftly ordered the custom version. Without this option, I doubt that I would ever have bought such an up-market IEM “Blindly”

As already mentioned in this Forum, Tom’s service is just perfect and I can wholeheartedly recommend him as friendly & competent business partner. I’m looking forward to more contacts with TOM, e.g. as part of a possible “Swiss Can-Jam Meet” (?), as he suggested earlier.

-> For more detailed explanations, I will use the Empire Ears Thread, so only just some short comments.

As mentioned, the ODIN is my current TOP IEM, but “unfortunately”, that wouldn’t stop me of comparing it to my two other IEM models, a VE Elysium and the 64 Audio Tia FOURTE. Actually I would not call this a competition or a “rivalry of contenders”, but rather a worthy meeting of TOTL peers..

Still, ODIN owners can rest assured: For my ears and my musical taste it’s a clear winner. Of course the other two play on a comparable level, with some merits here and a weakness there, but overall, the ODIN offers the most musically balanced presentation.

As a long time STAX Aficionado, the ODIN comes closest to this incomparable lightness and ease of playing….and has similar tight, but never over-present bass line (THIS is the only point, where might give the FOURTE slightly better marks: Equally tight, but somewhat stronger and punchier bass)

I should add: IEMs replace my former CLOSED “conventional” phones, simply with the sole purpose of external noise reduction. THIS objective, the ODIN more than fulfills !!

++More in the EE Thread later

Regards from “Zürisee” ( Lake of Zürich)

Urs

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #537 of 592
Got my latest „Toy“ a few days ago , the Custom ODIN & I’m more than thrilled ! :slight_smile:

Thanks to our member TOM, “Tomkorn” and his free testing offer I could listen to the normal Odin first home at my own equipment before I swiftly ordered the custom version. Without this option, I doubt that I would ever have bought such an up-market IEM “Blindly”

As already mentioned in this Forum, Tom’s service is just perfect and I can wholeheartedly recommend him as friendly & competent business partner. I’m looking forward to more contacts with TOM, e.g. as part of a possible “Swiss Can-Jam Meet” (?), as he suggested earlier.

-> For more detailed explanations, I will use the Empire Ears Thread, so only just some short comments.

As mentioned, the ODIN is my current TOP IEM, but “unfortunately”, that wouldn’t stop me of comparing it to my two other IEM models, a VE Elysium and the 64 Audio Tia FOURTE. Actually I would not call this a competition or a “rivalry of contenders”, but rather a worthy meeting of TOTL peers..

Still, ODIN owners can rest assured: For my ears and my musical taste it’s a clear winner. Of course the other two play on a comparable level, with some merits here and a weakness there, but overall, the ODIN offers the most musically balanced presentation.

As a long time STAX Aficionado, the ODIN comes closest to this incomparable lightness and ease of playing….and has similar tight, but never over-present bass line (THIS is the only point, where might give the FOURTE slightly better marks: Equally tight, but somewhat stronger and punchier bass)

I should add: IEMs replace my former CLOSED “conventional” phones, simply with the sole purpose of external noise reduction. THIS objective, the ODIN more than fulfills !!

++More in the EE Thread later

Regards from “Zürisee” ( Lake of Zürich)

Urs

could you tell us if you feel a difference in sound between uni and custom odin? had my uni odins for a while now and love them…

btw. agreeing with your assessment about fourte bass. also miss my fourte for its small size….

Feb 27, 2022 at 6:28 AM Post #538 of 592
Richoval,

IF I recall correctly, the sonic difference is marginal and honestly I couldn’t remember anything of relevance.

The most important aspects for me with the C-ODIN are: Much more comfortable to wear & ease of handling ! Such as: no fiddling with ear plugs (even my custom ears tips left some room for playing or even some minor "mis-fitting") This means: with the C-ODIN you’ll have a constant high and consistent sound quality, while with the Universal I was always trying various positions of the tips & unit.

BTW: Yes, the ODINs are rather big - but the "C" fits so well, it doesn't matter :relaxed:
Maybe I ask Tom once again to get the Universal ODIN - but at some later stage; now I'm happily enjoying my new "Toy" :wink:

Regards
Urs

Apr 19, 2022 at 7:34 AM Post #540 of 592
Hi Team Suisse,
In case we have some bass lovers here, I'm letting go my Campfire Audio Atlas & Vega.
Both in absolute excellent condition. If you are located in Zurich, we can meet and you can try them out.
I will list them under Classified soon, but wanted to check for some local love first.
Please pm me with your questions.
Cheers,
Thomas
7R_00589.jpg

Attachments

• 7R_00590.jpg
    7R_00590.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 7R_00592.jpg
    7R_00592.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 7R_00600.jpg