The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Jun 7, 2021 at 3:37 PM Post #226 of 592
where are you guys from? would zurich be good? somebody knows a good and quiet place to meet? some quiet coffeeshop/bar?
I'm from Lucerne but Zurich is fine

Jun 7, 2021 at 3:38 PM Post #227 of 592
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my first impressions about the Oriveti O400, an USD 399.- 4BA IEM. Quite inexpensive birthday present to myself because I need to save cash for the summer holidays and expenses around the house.

Some infos:
Handmade Resin Earphone Body
4 Exclusive Balanced Armature Drivers
Precisely Designed Crossover Network
Perfect Natural, Balanced & Wide Sound
Drivers: 1 Treble BA, 1 Bass BA, 1 Mid-treble, 1 Bass-Mid BA
Impedance: 10 Ohm
Frequency Response: 10~40KHz
Sensitivity: 112+-3dB/mW, 1000Hz
Distortion: <1%

After just 3 hours of continuous listening, I can say that I never heard such an impactful bass in a BA-only IEM (and I tried a few). The sub bass hits hard and is almost tactile. Really impressed by this performance, cost no object. As already reported by another owner in the dedicated thread, there is absolute no bleed into the midrange, very very clean transition here, while the coherency of the audio message is kept intact. On top of that there is just a faint warmth in the mids, which allow vocals to shine and instrument to sound clear and loud, with excellent resolution and detail retrieval. Last but least, the treble is nicely rendered with great extension and the right amount of sparkle and energy to keep you entertained. Zero sibilance or unwelcome brightness so far.

Guys, what a treat to stumble upon such a technically achieved yet fun IEM. I did not see this coming, especially in this price range and without any dynamic driver implementation. Totally hooked.

After all these nice words, I reckon that I am just starting the honeymoon phase with the O400, but I don't see how I could not like Oriveti's last effort in the long run.

@TomKorn and myself were talking about goosebumps this afternoon. Well, I got a few tonight and it's not over, I guess. For info, I am using a Satin Hyperion 10 braids cable and the Calyx M as a DAP. No need to externally amp anything here, the pure class A amplification stage from the analog sounding Calyx M does wonder.

Thanks for reading these short and fresh impressions of mine. I wish you all a good night.

Some pics:

DSC_3235.jpg

DSC_3236.jpg

DSC_3237.jpg

DSC_3240.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #228 of 592
Hey guys,

Just want to share my first impressions about the Oriveti O400, an USD 399.- 4BA IEM. Quite inexpensive birthday present to myself because I need to save cash for the summer holidays and expenses around the house.

Some infos:

After just 3 hours of continuous listening, I can say that I never heard such an impactful bass in a BA-only IEM (and I tried a few). The sub bass hits hard and is almost tactile. Really impressed by this performance, cost no object. As already reported by another owner in the dedicated thread, there is absolute no bleed into the midrange, very very clean transition here, while the coherency of the audio message is kept intact. On top of that there is just a faint warmth in the mids, which allow vocals to shine and instrument to sound clear and loud, with excellent resolution and detail retrieval. Last but least, the treble is nicely rendered with great extension and the right amount of sparkle and energy to keep you entertained. Zero sibilance or unwelcome brightness so far.

Guys, what a treat to stumble upon such a technically achieved yet fun IEM. I did not see this coming, especially in this price range and without any dynamic driver implementation. Totally hooked.

After all these nice words, I reckon that I am just starting the honeymoon phase with the O400, but I don't see how I could not like Oriveti's last effort in the long run.

@TomKorn and myself were talking about goosebumps this afternoon. Well, I got a few tonight and it's not over, I guess. For info, I am using a Satin Hyperion 10 braids cable and the Calyx M as a DAP. No need to externally amp anything here, the pure class A amplification stage from the analog sounding Calyx M does wonder.

Thanks for reading these short and fresh impressions of mine. I wish you all a good night.

Some pics:

The bass you're describing is Sonions 38D1X driver, which is naturally crossed over and thus separates clean from mids. It indeed is very rumbly and impactful. My implementation reaches 4Hz without dropoff actually :D

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #229 of 592
The bass you're describing is Sonions 38D1X driver, which is naturally crossed over and thus separates clean from mids. It indeed is very rumbly and impactful
Thanks for the precision.

Jun 8, 2021 at 6:58 AM Post #230 of 592
Hey guys,

Just wanted to share my first impressions about the Oriveti O400, an USD 399.- 4BA IEM. Quite inexpensive birthday present to myself because I need to save cash for the summer holidays and expenses around the house.

Some infos:

Some pics:

DSC_3235.jpg
DSC_3236.jpg
DSC_3237.jpg
DSC_3240.jpg
It's always nice to find good gear that is reasonably-priced. Price does not always correlate directly to performance. Enjoy! 👌😉

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:35 PM Post #232 of 592
Hey guys,

Some infos:

Some pics:

Nice!!!

Need to try these 😅

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2021 at 1:47 PM Post #235 of 592
Hey guys,

Some infos:

Some pics:

The uppermids of this looks really interesting! It has a strong peak at 3khz, which makes it very present but shouty for some. But it raises later than usual, must sound quite different than anything else available. Maybe the later rise reduces shoutiness. The bass shelf is perfection, love it.

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #236 of 592
The uppermids of this looks really interesting! It has a strong peak at 3khz, which makes it very present but shouty for some. But it raises later than usual, must sound quite different than anything else available. Maybe the later rise reduces shoutiness. The bass shelf is perfection, love it.
Did you find a graph? Could you please share it?

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #237 of 592
Was on a Korean Site, I think grey are the actual measurements
o400_fr.png

Jun 8, 2021 at 1:55 PM Post #238 of 592
Lowermids and midbass are true reference

Jun 8, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #239 of 592
Was on a Korean Site, I think grey are the actual measurements
o400_fr.png
Yes, gray are the real measurements. The 3K peak does not bother me at all and I am very sensitive to shouty uppermids. Still, it might be a change for warmish or darkish signature aficionados.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back