The Swiss Head-Fiers official census
Jun 9, 2021 at 6:44 AM Post #241 of 590
Nice article, well done. Tom, since you are a shop owner, I always wanted to ask, why do companies offer 14 day return policy on UNOPENED items? Is this just for a case of an unwanted birthday present? Else I do not see a point, anything I buy I try to use for a couple of days, only then I realise I no longer want it (or want to upgrade to higher tier). Am I missing something? I know you offer home listen, I guess you have one or two demo devices you keep using for that home listen, as opening a new one would reduce its resale value.

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #242 of 590
Nice article, well done. Tom, since you are a shop owner, I always wanted to ask, why do companies offer 14 day return policy on UNOPENED items? Is this just for a case of an unwanted birthday present? Else I do not see a point, anything I buy I try to use for a couple of days, only then I realise I no longer want it (or want to upgrade to higher tier). Am I missing something? I know you offer home listen, I guess you have one or two demo devices you keep using for that home listen, as opening a new one would reduce its resale value.
Well. It's simple.

1. By Swiss law, there is no obligation/right to return. I still wanted to do it.
2. If you open an item and return it, I will loose money because I can't resell it at the same price. It's used then. Also, with IEMs it's a question of hygiene.
3. To mitigate this, I offer you to test any item for 1 week free of charge. So you should know if you really want it.
4. In case of buyers remorse, you can still return it.

To me this seemed a fair deal for both sides. What do you think?

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:31 AM Post #243 of 590
I absolutely agree that you are offering a fair deal and very good customer experience. I just did not consider buyers remorse (before actually opening the box).

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:40 AM Post #245 of 590
My experience is that the amplification section makes more difference than the DACs per se.
Very interesting, I do agree that I can hear more differences between AMPs than I do with DACs, but with AMPs I feel like those are usually sidegrades, just different sonic flavours, where as with DACs it feels more hierarchical, one being superior to another.

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:41 AM Post #246 of 590
Well. It's simple.

1. By Swiss law, there is no obligation/right to return. I still wanted to do it.
2. If you open an item and return it, I will loose money because I can't resell it at the same price. It's used then. Also, with IEMs it's a question of hygiene.
3. To mitigate this, I offer you to test any item for 1 week free of charge. So you should know if you really want it.
4. In case of buyers remorse, you can still return it.

More dedicated shops should do what you do but I can also understand that business owners want to make money and not be a social service 😜
I think it’s also a question of why. Why are you in the business? Is it because you’re passionate about what you do or is it a business strictly speaking?
As a customer, I certainly appreciate what you offer yet can also understand a business-first approach.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2021 at 7:51 AM Post #248 of 590
More dedicated shops should do what you do but I can also understand that business owners want to make money and not be a social service 😜
I think it’s also a question of why. Why are you in the business? Is it because you’re passionate about what you do or is it a business strictly speaking?
As a customer, I certainly appreciate what your offer yet can also understand a business-first approach.
I am a passionate audiophile per say. The shop is some kind of (expensive) experiment for me and a dream come true. If I can sustain it, only time will tell. Should I ever be in the position of having a solid and loyal customer base and money comes in steadily, I will further offer more goodies in terms of service to my customers. I will always try to go customer experience first!

Jun 9, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #249 of 590
I am a passionate audiophile per say. The shop is some kind of (expensive) experiment for me and a dream come true. If I can sustain it, only time will tell. Should I ever be in the position of having a solid and loyal customer base and money comes in steadily, I will further offer more goodies in terms of service to my customers. I will always try to go customer experience first!
Offer a subscription service, I am willing to pay up to 2000 CHF a month to keep getting cool stuff to play with, that I never have to own, just keep rotating TOTL stuff.

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:22 AM Post #254 of 590
2k a month for real or this is an (expensive) typo? :D
I have a mental condition that makes coping with FOMO very difficult for me. I spend around 2k a month on this hobby (because of said FOMO) and I just keep buying/selling, getting buyers remorse, more FOMO, buying again. So if there was a subscription I could pay to take that pain away, I would definitely do that.

Jun 9, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #255 of 590
I have a mental condition that makes coping with FOMO very difficult for me. I spend around 2k a month on this hobby (because of said FOMO) and I just keep buying/selling, getting buyers remorse, more FOMO, buying again. So if there was a subscription I could pay to take that pain away, I would definitely do that.
Noice!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back