The support Thread for those waiting for their Opera
Mar 4, 2007 at 3:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

ALBPM

100+ Head-Fier
I checked back through my email and my Opera was to be shipped of Feb. 6th..... I'm now in my 4th week of waiting for the Opera to arrive. My Opera must be on the slow boat from Deutschland....
blink.gif

Had I known it would be longer than the 2 weeks quoted I would have gladly paid more for express shipping...

Has anyone else been waiting this long for delivery??????

Any ways, I've managed to keep myself busy over the past few weeks preparing a new setup for my headphone system which will be separate from my home theater system.

Since my primary motivation for a home headphone system is 'relaxation' I'm setting this up next to my favorite spot on the couch which happens to have a built in recliner so it's very comfortable. So, I spent a couple weekends searching for a small cabinet for the amp and sources. I wanted something which did not look like a typical stereo cabinet. I finally found a small end-table type cabinet which resembles and old fashioned ice box made of oak. It was the right size but had no shelves and the price was right - $77 !! No problem!!! I stopped at Lowes on the way home and bought the wood and supplies needed to add a couple shelves in the cabinet.

front.jpg

inside.jpg

Here are the shelves.

back.jpg

Cut a hole in the back and lined it with foam to protect the power cords. Also attached a power strip so all the components can be switched on at once.

done.jpg

So, for now it's done and sitting next to my recliner waiting for the Opera....
I'll make some more modifications after I start using it - like cutouts for the headphone cable and for the optical cable from the iRiver HP120 which will be my main source. I also a bought a Monarchy DIP Upsampler to convert the optical signal to coaxial and a micro DVD/CD player that will fit in the cabinet.

So, has anyone else been waiting this long for their Opera ?????

Mar 5, 2007 at 6:36 AM Post #2 of 32
Wow, I feel your pain. I'm pretty impatient when it comes to waiting for new gear, so a month for something as big time as the Opera would kill me. Having auditioned the Opera, I'd say you can rest easy that you'll have a great package of performance once it finally does arrive. And hopefully that should make the wait all worth it.

Mar 5, 2007 at 7:30 AM Post #3 of 32
ALBPM,

Iron_Dreamer is right - it's worth the wait
mixed-smiley-008.gif
!

Nice and smartly designed cabinet you got there . . . please tell me that you are not going to hide your Opera inside
blink.gif
. Don't want to keep a looker like that
gorgeous.gif
locked up now do we??

Cheers,
Garry

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:29 AM Post #5 of 32
Yeah it's been over a month for me as well-- Jan shipped on the 5th of February. I trust that Jan is a reputable seller as many have purchased from him here and can vouch for him and his products.

I wish I knew what was up with shipping, though-- some of the initial purchasers seemed to receive theres within 2 weeks, which was also the time Jan quoted me as well. I'm guessing this is out of his control but I agree-- I might have gone for some expedited shipping had I known how long it would take.

p.s., for those of you who are saying it's worth the wait-- have you had experiences like this where it took this long or longer to get some gear from Europe?

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #7 of 32
Ouch. Have you checked whether it's being held up by customs? Although without a tracking number, I don't know how you would know where it would be.

FYI for anyone else planning to order stateside, it's available through TTVJ.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:36 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by user18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ouch. Have you checked whether it's being held up by customs? Although without a tracking number, I don't know how you would know where it would be.

FYI for anyone else planning to order stateside, it's available through TTVJ.

Yeah, no tracking info.

If I'd known about TTVJ I mighta done that, though I dunno if he had it in stock back then
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 11:31 AM Post #10 of 32
Yup, I feel pretty helpless right now. As Rumz said we have no tracking numbers so nothing to work with to try to find out the shipping status.

About hiding the Opera in the cabinet.....
I'd rather have it out in the open but you guys don't realize how dusty it is down here in New Mexico.
Springtime is especially bad when the wind starts blowing. My Home Theater system is in an open rack
and I'm looking for a large cabinet to put that in as well.

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:05 PM Post #11 of 32
I purchased 2 amps (separate occasions) from Jan in 2006. One took 6 days to arrive, and the other took 7 or 8 days. ..........on the other hand........I also purchased a pair of headphones from another very reputable source in Germany (during aproximately the same period) and they totally disappeared in-transit. The vendor replaced the missing package. Packages have to be traced from their end of the transaction.

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:44 PM Post #12 of 32
I just hope Jan ships his amps insured.
Also, does Jan have delivery confirmation requiring a signature for delivery on his shipments or did the post office just drop them off??

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:45 PM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I purchased 2 amps (separate occasions) from Jan in 2006. One took 6 days to arrive, and the other took 7 or 8 days. ..........on the other hand........I also purchased a pair of headphones from another very reputable source in Germany (during aproximately the same period) and they totally disappeared in-transit. The vendor replaced the missing package. Packages have to be traced from their end of the transaction.

Eh.. that's scary to hear.. What if the sending didn't get the tracking option?

Mar 8, 2007 at 3:33 PM Post #14 of 32
Just got email from Jan. he took a picture of his copy of the shipping label and address is correct. He also said that delivery to the US is usually under 2 weeks but he has seen it take this long or longer before.

It looks like Rumz's and my Operas shipped at the same time.So, are probably both sitting somewhere together.

Worst case senario is they are held up in Customs in 'Boston' because they looked like some kind of advanced weapon system when x-rayed...LOL!!!!!

Mar 8, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #15 of 32
.................or some homeland security people are sitting nice and secure in their homes, listening to music via their new Opera amps.
I wouldn't worry about either Jan or tracking (which is generally pretty useless to the recipient, IMO).........as to signing for the pkgs. - have to admit, I don't remember. It surprises me that vendors often do not pay for that service when shipping products of $xxx value.
I do know, however, when 5 full weeks have counted down - I'd be informing Jan, and asking him to have a trace done on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back