The support Thread for those waiting for their Opera
Mar 8, 2007 at 7:18 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by BushGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
.................or some homeland security people are sitting nice and secure in their homes, listening to music via their new Opera amps.
I wouldn't worry about either Jan or tracking (which is generally pretty useless to the recipient, IMO).........as to signing for the pkgs. - have to admit, I don't remember. It surprises me that vendors often do not pay for that service when shipping products of $xxx value.
I do know, however, when 5 full weeks have counted down - I'd be informing Jan, and asking him to have a trace done on it.

Can he even have a trace done? He indicates that there's not tracking mechanism on the package. I would certainly hope that something that expensive at least has insurance on it.

Mar 10, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #18 of 32
Double Header today!!!

The Opera and a Xenos X1HA-EPS showed up.......
580smile.gif
580smile.gif

Hope Rumz gets his Opera real quick since we're in adjoining States.

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:08 AM Post #20 of 32
What's the current waiting time for getting an Opera in the US? I noticed that you can get it from TTVJ as opposed to Jan Meier's site; does that make any difference?

Thanks.

Mar 13, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by ALBPM /img/forum/go_quote.gif
front.jpg

I have that same cabinet in my living room!

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah it's been over a month for me as well-- Jan shipped on the 5th of February. I trust that Jan is a reputable seller as many have purchased from him here and can vouch for him and his products.

I wish I knew what was up with shipping, though-- some of the initial purchasers seemed to receive theres within 2 weeks, which was also the time Jan quoted me as well. I'm guessing this is out of his control but I agree-- I might have gone for some expedited shipping had I known how long it would take.

p.s., for those of you who are saying it's worth the wait-- have you had experiences like this where it took this long or longer to get some gear from Europe?

JAn is a REPUTABLE seller..I doubt it's on his end, & would be very suprised if he didn't email you if there was a delay in shipping..

Mar 13, 2007 at 3:27 AM Post #23 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's the current waiting time for getting an Opera in the US? I noticed that you can get it from TTVJ as opposed to Jan Meier's site; does that make any difference?

Thanks.

Ordering state-side (TTVJ) might be a little faster as far as shipping goes (at least it would have been for me
280smile.gif
)

It's March 12 and I still have not recieved my Opera. Glad to hear that it's insured (and I know Jan shipped it right after I ordered it-- I'm don't fault him for this thing not showing up yet.)

Mar 13, 2007 at 8:13 AM Post #26 of 32
It took about 2 weeks for my Opera to arrive in Switzerland from Germany. Anyways, I understand your feelings: I ordered a Marantz SA-7S1 at the end of December and it's coming only next week (Marantz Germany got a first bunch of supplies at last year's end, then nothing until a week ago). More than 2 months waiting is a pain, even if my current SA-17S1 is still doing well.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 14, 2007 at 7:32 AM Post #27 of 32
Well I thought I'd check in. I arrived home today to find a note from the post office indicating an attempted delivery of a parcel from one "Meier Audio", hmmm I wonder what that could be?
icon10.gif

Looks like it finally arrived-- I should be able to pick it up in the next couple days, woot!

Funny thing is, I originally calculated that if I received it as fast as some others had, that it would have arrived on the 13th of February. The postman wrote the wrong date on the note he left, it says the attempted delivery was the 2/13 and that I could pick it up on 2/14 (wrong month). Or maybe the Opera was stuck in a time warp. Maybe the flux capacitor is the secret of the Opera's greatness
tongue.gif

Now to try to sleep....

Mar 14, 2007 at 2:46 PM Post #29 of 32
My country, Denmark, has high shipping costs. But it "only" costs about $130 to ship 10 kilos from DK to the US, and it takes 5-6 days. So, I don't know what your guy is doing.

I regularly pay between $150-$250 for 20 kg items and up from the US and they take 10 days.

Call him. It's actually quite cheap.

Mar 14, 2007 at 3:01 PM Post #30 of 32
Many people here got their Operas in 6-7 days-- my guess is that it just sat in customs for a long time. It sounds like our experience waiting has been a-typical, but the unit arrived so it's all good
smily_headphones1.gif
That's the postal service, I guess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back